• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MTNTK POLARIS MATRYX CHASSIS TUNNEL COOLERS

RNO

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2012
Shout out to MTNTK. Thanks for addressing this issue!

F
Jul 27, 2014
Fresno
100% agree but this matryx unit is much more costly and much more involved than previous units. I have their previous unit on a boosted RMK pro and its a life saver. Im sure the matryx version will be the same but im not going to buy this time due to cost and my lack of availability to install a more complicated unit.
BD turbo has a cooler also but i can only imagine it wont be half the cooling the MTNTK cooler will

D
Nov 17, 2008
Guys if you want to go this route feel free to spent your time and money on a problem that can be solved by merrily adding the second set of scatchers. I added the second set to mine 9R and Boost last year and had no problems the rest of the year. If you don't need the second set you don't have to use it. The added weight is very little in comparison to the cooler addition. I have since learned from friends that they used the reversable scratchers with the little reversible v shaped ends and they do even better. I have found that the added rear scratchers actually do better then the front ones for cooling but not as good for slide lub. I think this is because some of the snow from the rear scratchers actually end up on the track after it makes it's turn and is coming forward and then is thrown agaainst cooler as it makes its turn over the top idlers Just a little information to help make a decision on what you can do to solve your cooling problem. I have nothing against MTNTX as I used them on my 2018 Axis before I learned of the second set of scratchers solution and it worked great for me but I feel now I could have got the same results with less money and time.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Guys if you want to go this route feel free to spent your time and money on a problem that can be solved by merrily adding the second set of scatchers. I added the second set to mine 9R and Boost last year and had no problems the rest of the year. If you don't need the second set you don't have to use it. The added weight is very little in comparison to the cooler addition. I have since learned from friends that they used the reversable scratchers with the little reversible v shaped ends and they do even better. I have found that the added rear scratchers actually do better then the front ones for cooling but not as good for slide lub. I think this is because some of the snow from the rear scratchers actually end up on the track after it makes it's turn and is coming forward and then is thrown agaainst cooler as it makes its turn over the top idlers Just a little information to help make a decision on what you can do to solve your cooling problem. I have nothing against MTNTX as I used them on my 2018 Axis before I learned of the second set of scratchers solution and it worked great for me but I feel now I could have got the same results with less money and time.
Agreed, cheaper and easier to get more or better scratchers.

It’s good there’s also a big cooler option for people who want one.

I just have a slash boost with a broken off tunnel and i barely use the stock scratchers.

🤷🏻‍♂️ but we ride in snow……..

K
Feb 15, 2023
Colorado
This seems like a much better solution then refitting a whole.new cooler if there is a oveeheat problem. I have 2x non-slash Khaos 155s that I cut the tunnels on. So they actually have the longer coolers in them but the tunnels are slash length now. With scratchers down on low snow trail or spring conditions no issues with heat.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Bgilmlbz

Premium Member
Mar 3, 2019
Pocatello, ID
Any pics of where/how you mounted them? what scratchers did you use?

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
If you need to ride ice or very hard pack single track trails to the mountain, 2 sets of scratches does not help much. We Had sleds with 2 rail scratches and ski scratches and and one none slash sled, longer cooler with one set on factory scratches was the coolest running matryx ever ride. They need the longer cooler.

FriscoProx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
You can cool your sled in any snow condition by stopping just off trail, leaning the sled over so just the edge of the track cuts into the hard back and spin the track in place and lower it into the trench you're creating. The snow under the crust is super tacky and will pack the tunnel and skid and cool the sled instantly. This is usually good for 2-3 miles in the worst of conditions but can do it as often as needed.

440revNL

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2022
Canada
I put a set of stock Doo screechers like the summits have on my Khaos and had zero issue keeping my sled cool on the trail. 155 2.75. Obviously spring conditions is a different story but other than that, it was great. Flicked snow onto the track way sooner than stick poo ones.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
I put a set of stock Doo screechers like the summits have on my Khaos and had zero issue keeping my sled cool on the trail. 155 2.75. Obviously spring conditions is a different story but other than that, it was great. Flicked snow onto the track way sooner than stick poo ones.

So will the new 24 poo scratchers solve all our problems?!

RNO

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2012
Ski-doo Scratchers.jpg
2023 PRO RMK 165 Slash Overheating Issues. I did not experience any overheating issue on fresh pow days. Overheating issues experienced on groomed trails and once the Northern CA Sierra Cement set up. I was also experiencing overheating, tractoring thru trees once the Sierra cement set up. I started off with removal of the stock POO scratcher and mounted two sets of ski-doo scratchers. Since have removed the front ski-doo scratcher and installed a cable scratcher in the original POO mounting hole. Also, removed the slash snow flap and installed non-slash full flap. Overheating was eliminated on the trail but was still occurring going slower thru trees and and on the Sierra cement in the backcountry at slower speeds. I have ordered the new MTNTK Matryx Cooler and will install. Hopefully all overheating issues will be resolved in all conditions. Maybe I can even put the slash snow flap bock on.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
My experience with the mtntk cooler on an axys is it would go a few minutes longer then a stock axys before it would over heat but then you were in the same boat as the stock sled. I guess if a few minutes buys you enough time to get into some decent snow it would be worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
You can cool your sled in any snow condition by stopping just off trail, leaning the sled over so just the edge of the track cuts into the hard back and spin the track in place and lower it into the trench you're creating. The snow under the crust is super tacky and will pack the tunnel and skid and cool the sled instantly. This is usually good for 2-3 miles in the worst of conditions but can do it as often as needed.
Not always. Late season last year had a day it was terrible down low but good in the riding area.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

D
Nov 17, 2008
Any pics of where/how you mounted them? what scratchers did you use?
I do not have pictures for you but others had pictures up before. I think if you google it will show up. I just used basically a second set of stock like scratchers. There is a hole in the rails already there that I drilled out just a little and then made a small hole for the tab of the scatcher. The second set is mounted right near where the front scatchers ends hook over the rails when not in use. I think if you want the best cooling use the scratchers I mentioned my friends were using in my original post.

RNO

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2012
Just received the new MTNK Matryx Tunnel Cooler for the 165 Slash . Going to perform this Install soon. It is more involved than their Axys version. Instructions provided in link.

Attachments

• 10956_10957_POLARIS_MATRYX_TUNNEL_COOLER_INSTALL_INSTRUCTIONS_R1.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 36
Premium Features