• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

axys into Matryx

A
Dec 2, 2007
Mammoth Lakes
Hi All

Looking at a wrecked 2021 pro. Would have to replace most of the bulkhead parts and tunnel assembly. Wondering If I could just start with a 2023 Matryx chassis and move all the good parts over.
Any thoughts? Seems like the chassis are really similar but unfortunately don't have access to the cad files!!

Thanks

C
Dec 14, 2020
Compare part numbers. That'll tell you every single part that's different.

Honestly if there's that much wrecked on the sled it's not worth paying for. Any wreck that wiped out the bulkhead and tunnel you'll keep finding bent and broken parts the deeper you dig.

I'd pick it up if I had another 21 for a parts sled. Even then it would only be worth 1 or 2 major parts that can be verified good. I wouldn't even trust the motor until I had it gone through and checked crank runout.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
It’ll still be a 21’ no matter what you change. So be careful how much money you throw at it. From what I understand the bulkhead, front and rear suspension are the same on the matryx and axys.

Premium Features