• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Motor Mounts causing low RPM in Axys Chassis

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Just replaced mine and it helped with erratic RPM’s. Sometimes it would be low and die and other times it would be fine. Now it’s spot on while idling.

RMKillR

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2009
Wisco
So what are the mounts you guys are using?

Pro ride mounts or 2018 mounts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
The one I have the comparing pictures in above is the 2018 PTO side part number. . . I just did the one MAG REAR for now but it's a way better mount

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

RMKillR

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2009
Wisco
I wonder what’s different with the mounts from the long tracks to the short tracks. 2018, they have different park numbers on the rubber inserts from rmks to xcr/pros

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
I just did my motor mounts along with a new stock primary spring and now getting more constant rpms from 7900 back up to 83 8400, plus track speed at 44 to 46 mph from 39 to 42 range. I spent a season and a half chasing missing rpms, it got worse over time.

D

dude

Dec 3, 2007
Kamas, Utah
I just got in my first ride since changing out my mounts, and torque arm... same results as snobyrd... Now I'm back up to 8250 - 8350 R's up at 10,000'. All last year my R's were really struggling to hit 8,000ish. With longer deep snow pulls I'd be lucky to hold 7,600 rpm which sucked. My sled with 2,600 miles now feels like it did when it was more or less brand new! What a simple and inexpensive fix. Big thanks to Murph for bringing light to this fix!!!

Last edited:
S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
I changed my motor mounts and no improvement. The motor just does not sound happy anymore and idle is down. Looking deeper I have found 2 things. Idle voltage from the TPS was now at .99 volts were it used to be at .94 secondly here is what I found in the cloth bag above the motor. Still need to go for another ride to see if it is fixed.

Did u try changing the primary spring?
I did both and today i rode 7000 feet with slp 71 grms and its reving and holding its rpms like it was new.

sledhappy

Premium Member
Nov 22, 2008
I have replaced the motor mount and I’m looking at adding a aftermarket torque arm. Would you use the SLP or Fire N Ice? Fire N Ice has a PTO and mag side. What’s everyone’s thoughts is both overkill?

R
Feb 12, 2008
I have a 16 axys rmk 800. Wondering should I replace the motor mounts with stock 16 motor mounts or use the “harder” 18 mounts?
Also is there a difference between the xcr/trail sled to the rmk mounts on the 18? Someone said they had diff part numbers..also do I replace the stock 16 torque arm rubber with the 18 torque arm rubber?
Thanks

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
I have a 16 axys rmk 800. Wondering should I replace the motor mounts with stock 16 motor mounts or use the “harder” 18 mounts?
Also is there a difference between the xcr/trail sled to the rmk mounts on the 18? Someone said they had diff part numbers..also do I replace the stock 16 torque arm rubber with the 18 torque arm rubber?
Thanks

I wold use harder 18 mounts or the mounts from the ProRide ProRMK chassis

The torque arm rubber is the same from about 2010 to current.

A
Mar 14, 2011
Saskatoon, SK
Thanks

Does Polaris even offer the old motor mounts?

TimG

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
Changing mounts without clutch removal

I changed my motor mounts yesterday, and I was able to change the front PTO motor mount without removing the clutch (and if you have an aftermarket can, the mag side ones are probably changeable without taking out the can).

The old front PTO mount comes out fairly easily. I found it best to use a couple wobble extensions to get to the bolt, but after it's loose, it comes right out and you can work the mount out to the side.

It was a bit tricky to get the new mount in, but after spraying windex into the hole and on the new mount, it did pop into place past the stationary sheave with some pressure on the edge of it.

So the mounts can be changed without removing the clutch. The torque arm might be trickier though.

Cummins88

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2015
Ottawa
I checked my mounts last night and the ones on the MAG side look like sh*t, I did notice a drop in RPM this year but since I put a JAWS pipe and Dalton weights this summer I thought maybe I didn't have something adjusted properly. Going to bring it in for warranty, this is pretty sad just like the ski rubbers being shot right away.

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
I checked my mounts last night and the ones on the MAG side look like sh*t, I did notice a drop in RPM this year but since I put a JAWS pipe and Dalton weights this summer I thought maybe I didn't have something adjusted properly. Going to bring it in for warranty, this is pretty sad just like the ski rubbers being shot right away.

Get your motor mts done, new primary stock spring and adjust belt deflection is to spec along with track tension and youll see steady rs.
Also check all of your electrical connections.

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
I changed my motor mounts yesterday, and I was able to change the front PTO motor mount without removing the clutch (and if you have an aftermarket can, the mag side ones are probably changeable without taking out the can).

The old front PTO mount comes out fairly easily. I found it best to use a couple wobble extensions to get to the bolt, but after it's loose, it comes right out and you can work the mount out to the side.

It was a bit tricky to get the new mount in, but after spraying windex into the hole and on the new mount, it did pop into place past the stationary sheave with some pressure on the edge of it.

So the mounts can be changed without removing the clutch. The torque arm might be trickier though.

Glad to hear! This is my first and possibly last Polaris and I didn't want to buy a bunch of Polaris specific tools to do the job only to use them once and be out 100+ bucks.

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
Glad to hear! This is my first and possibly last Polaris and I didn't want to buy a bunch of Polaris specific tools to do the job only to use them once and be out 100+ bucks.

What special tools are needed for this job of changing the mounts? I was not aware of any and I'm getting ready to change mine. Thanks YB

Premium Features