• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mirage Trailers-excellent experience

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Why is it obvious? A car mfr doesn't say tough **** when a part fails even though there are dozens if not hundreds of parts that they don't make. They warranty it, period. To me it's a crappy excuse, the typical finger pointing scenario where the customer is left in the lurch.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I surely understand the logic here.
But..

That trailer was sold to its original buyer with a warranty SEPARATE on the axle. It was a pass through warranty from a sub-assembly manufacturer.

If the customer had a beef with that warranty policy he really should have said something or done something about it at the point of delivery. Not after the fact.

So far as I know, pass through warranties on trailer axles are not all that uncommon.

K

kmo

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
Why is it obvious? A car mfr doesn't say tough **** when a part fails even though there are dozens if not hundreds of parts that they don't make. They warranty it, period. To me it's a crappy excuse, the typical finger pointing scenario where the customer is left in the lurch.

When you decide to make the financial investment and assume all the risk by owning your own manufacturing company, you can decide how to warranty your product. Until then, you should be appreciative that there are companies like Mirage that offer goodwill services on non-covered items for consumers that were themselves not eligible in the first place.

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
This is no different than the whole firestone/bridgestone recall. I never got my tires replaced by Ford, I had to go to a tire store myself and firestone/bridgestone covered the bill. Yet I bought the truck from Ford so shouldn't they have replaced it for free???

All I see from this thread is that a customer who bought a trailer and received 2 DIFFERENT warranties, one for the trailer and one for the axles, the axles failed and the axle company went out of business so they go after the trailer manufacturer. And to see a trailer manufacturer step up and say we will get it repaired but need to get it back here to repair it is worth it in my book. I know thousands of warranty items that you have to take back to the store you bought it from or ship it off to the main branch to have repaired or covered.

I am sure Rob would have helped with transporting costs once you got it down there. It really is not hard to throw an enclosed on a flatbed and make a drive. Shoot you can rent them around here for about $40 a day. Instead lets waste $5200 because you didn't want the hassle of trying to get your trailer and making a 14 hour drive (which isn't far imo).

And lets not forget that the trailer was sold to a second party which a lot of those warranties don't transfer.

I know I'll be looking at Mirage for my next trailer.

Its just funny Dales post started out like he tried contacting them over and over again with no response. But once Mirage pipes in and says they offered to cover it if he could get it to their facility the story changes. At least be honest from the start, by backpedaling it just shows you are trying to soil their name.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
When you decide to make the financial investment and assume all the risk by owning your own manufacturing company, you can decide how to warranty your product. Until then, you should be appreciative that there are companies like Mirage that offer goodwill services on non-covered items for consumers that were themselves not eligible in the first place.

Better yet, I bought a trailer a decade ago, that wasn't built with some of those **** parts and shoddy workmanship in the first place.

G

G_dub

Dec 14, 2008
Downtown Boise, ID
From my experience buying a used mirage trailer that was one of their custom trailers and having axle issues I never pushed the issue with having the axles warrantied. I figures the warranty was null and void it being a 09 trailer and me being the second owner. So I bit the bullet and replaced them with new dexter 7K axles under my extreme sport before my move. My old axles the front one bent and had some parts replaced and all was thought to be ok till inspection proved the axle that had bent got bent worse and the welds were almost completely ripped off the brackets that held the axle to the trailer. And now that I live about 15 to20 minutes from their factory since moving to Boise this past week I thought about swinging my trailer by there and having them look at what I have done to fix their wiring and a few other issues and see if they wouldn't mind fixing the issues with the e-track coming out of the floor of the trailer and all the graphics deciding to come off.

Other than that it's been an excellent trailer pulls fantastic with the new axles and a very well made trailer considering it was loaded with 17 feet of toolboxes all loaded to the gills and my x585 jd lawn mower to boot. Just the trailer sitting on the scales in bfe Wyoming weighed 21,384LBS! and with the mega cab dodge loaded to the gills I was just over 32K with me and the wife It was a little over weight... pulled like a dream though. I do admire mirage for standing up and fixing these issues people have been having.

Greg

D

dale dalueg

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 3, 2011
If it turns out that Dale was the 2nd or 3rd owner of this used trailer, then the whole warranty issue is NULL and VOID as the warranty is non transferable.

first purchase if you take the time to read back instead of asking questions on Mirages behalf this has already been answered on page 1.

swikertrob

Premium Member
Oct 2, 2008
www.miragetrailers.com
It's a shame.
It has come to my attention that Dale Dalueg made up his whole story concerning his Mirage Trailer.
He claimed to be the original owner; and he is not, when questioned, he then claimed he co-owned the unit with the original owner, he did not.
He claimed the axle failed after 12 months, it did not.
He claimed the repair cost was $5200, it was not.
He claimed Mirage ignored him, we did not.
He claimed he called the dealer where he purchased the unit, he did not.
He claims to be a “victim”, he is not.

He was very aware the warranty was not transferable from the original owner and did everything, including compromising his integrity, to deceive Mirage.
Mirage offered to repair his unit at no charge if he returned it to the factory, we now realize why he decided not to choose this option.
If he would have been honest from the start, there would have been a totally different outcome.
The fact that he started his own personal "smear" campaign based on lies, is disappointing to say the least, and directly reflects the absence of morals in some individuals.

This concludes this matter.

K

kmo

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
first purchase if you take the time to read back instead of asking questions on Mirages behalf this has already been answered on page 1.

Dale, I am confused.....this is your quote

"and yes since I am the second owner it was time to once again approach Mirage to see what or if they would do anything to compensate for some or a portion of the damage or issues."

Gee, I just don't know what to think. Maybe I just need a beer.

And thanks again Rob, I really do appreciate what you did for us regarding our axles. It also impressed me that your guys repainted the tongue and the step. I was not expecting anything like that!

Last edited:
D

dale dalueg

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 3, 2011
Two owners one purchase, have you never seen two guys split the cost of a trailer?
Dale, I am confused.....this is your quote

"and yes since I am the second owner it was time to once again approach Mirage to see what or if they would do anything to compensate for some or a portion of the damage or issues."

Gee, I just don't know what to think. Maybe I just need a beer.

And thanks again Rob, I really do appreciate what you did for us regarding our axles. It also impressed me that your guys repainted the tongue and the step. I was not expecting anything like that!

D

dale dalueg

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 3, 2011
It's a shame.
It has come to my attention that Dale Dalueg made up his whole story concerning his Mirage Trailer.
He claimed to be the original owner; and he is not, when questioned, he then claimed he co-owned the unit with the original owner, he did not.
He claimed the axle failed after 12 months, it did not.
He claimed the repair cost was $5200, it was not.
He claimed Mirage ignored him, we did not.
He claimed he called the dealer where he purchased the unit, he did not.
He claims to be a “victim”, he is not.
You have the e mails of contact Rob you may want to look at them again before you step out on the cliff.

He was very aware the warranty was not transferable from the original owner and did everything, including compromising his integrity, to deceive Mirage.
Mirage offered to repair his unit at no charge if he returned it to the factory, we now realize why he decided not to choose this option.
If he would have been honest from the start, there would have been a totally different outcome.
The fact that he started his own personal "smear" campaign based on lies, is disappointing to say the least, and directly reflects the absence of morals in some individuals.

This concludes this matter.
You have the e mails of contact to the dealer Rob, careful on stepping out on the cliff.

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
I love how it's the Admin / Mods and buddies of Robs campaigning for him.

I'm trying to get answers to some questions that are in my head.

But seeing how you signed up to SnoWest just to slam Mirage, your the one that has to build up your creditably.

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
I'm still trying to get over based on the pics how you could get taken for $5200. Not even close to that in damage.

And man for a 1.5 year old trailer ever think about maintaining it or at least washing it? I have an enclosed that is 15 years old and looks 1000's better. Who lets all that salt/crap eat up a trailer.

Its no wonder you were looking for a handout.

Premium Features