• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Minneapolis (aka Chicago West) is burning

S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
Lol I love it when country boys complain about rap music. Can't turn their cowboy hats sideways it seems.

Heed this message.

Again all I hear is "it isn't fair!" I don't wanna pay taxes for everyone else to benefit from. You do realize you can get your roads and your community more money if you contact LOCAL representatives right? You do know you can help homeless people? Get them housing. Most of them have jobs. They just can't afford the rent, car payments, and food at the wages they get paid. You can't just sweep the problems of the poor under the rug. You can't expect them to help themselves if they have no support. I volunteer at a homeless shelter in the city. Their stories are nothing like you think. It is often NOT drug related.

Last edited:
S
Feb 14, 2010
Have no support. Where do you get that. You couldn’t be more wrong. Only 10-20% of the cost of running the bus systems in our communities is paid by riders fairs. The rest by tax payers. Government subsidies pay 50-90% of many people’s housing. The poor can go to the ER and get the same doctor and care that I get after I pay $1890 monthly medical premiums. They don’t pay the premium and don’t pay for the hospital visit. I pay both. I also have a $9000 deductible and no dental or optical insurance. I pay the dentist and optometrist out of my pocket 100%.
Make little or no money use your EBT card to buy food and not just staple items but pretty much what ever they want. I love it when the punk in front of me whips out his EBT buys an energy drink and beef jerky with our tax money while I decide I can spend my money and get more like a gallon of milk a big bag of rice and pasta for the same $13.
I send my kid to a private school. How do they provide a better education. Better lunch and just as nice of a building for 60% of what they spend at the public school. Oh and guess what I still pay the same taxes as if my kids went to public school. I can’t even write his education expenses off on my taxes.
This country is 5% of the world population and yet we consume 80% of the pharmaceutical drugs produced. How many people do you know that take a handful of pills at every meal. No wonder why we are a mess.
How many of you know one or more people collecting a disability check. Most but not all do everything I do except go to work everyday. The ones I know drive, camp, fish, mow the lawn carry in the groceries and walk down to the mailbox to pick up the government check
I could write a damn book but simple minds wouldn’t read it or gain any perspective anyways so I’ll go off and put in my 10 hours like I have been doing for 34 years so I can keeping paying my own way and the 40 plus % the government is going to take for the better good of America....

S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
$1890 monthly medical is criminal. I'm sorry.

We are a mess. Good examples. This is not a political party problem. At the federal level they are all in the pocket of someone. At the local level they are honestly looking for people to reach out and provide input. The local level often depends on the federal funding though. It is a vicious cycle.

Last edited:
S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
Anyway....while we blame citizens for taking advantage of the system...the Pentagon takes our tax money and outfits local police with military surplus gear under the 1033 program.

Again why are we spending so much on the military? If our own people are not on an equal level why are we pumping money into foreign interests? The social systems we have are no where near the money spent on the military. But yet we are mad about welfare, food stamps, and disability?

We point fingers at the poor and disadvantaged? Who teaches us that? Rich ****s like Limbaugh, Hannity, Trump, Clinton, Bezos, Koch and others who divide the county and laugh their way to the bank. Because no matter what...they stay rich...and you point to the poor as the problem. They are easy targets. The powers at be don't care about you. You are all animals to them. We fight for scraps.

S
Feb 14, 2010
Once again blame the rich defend the poor. I would be willing to bet we could equally divide all the wealth in America and within 10 years the same people would have all the money and the poor would be penniless once again. You blame the rich for providing wants and needs. For the most part we don’t need the things the rich provide. If you didn’t listen to Hannity and Limbaugh they wouldn’t be rich. If you got rid of your cell phone Apple and Verizon wouldn’t be rich. If you shopped locally Bezos wouldn’t be rich and locals would provide your needs. If you cut up your credit card and paid cash B of A wouldn’t be rich. If you cancelled your tv subscription and went to the library and read a book instead Comcast wouldn’t be rich. If you didn’t go to movies and concerts and sporting events entertainers wouldn’t be rich. How many examples does one need to see they could have a lot more money in their pocket if they lived differently. Once again don’t blame the rich for taking your money by providing a lot of wants but none of your needs. Blame yourself for perpetual poverty. I work with guys that have a 5th grade education but make $25-50 per hour. How do they do it? Effort determination and work ethic. They prove themselves everyday by busting ass. Showing up every day and providing a service people are willing to pay for. No one has to hire us and we are unemployed after every job we complete. Somehow a good job done on time and on budget perpetually provides another job. Amazing isn’t it? It’s not magic and handouts. Poor don’t have to be poor and expect others to provide. Than can get to work on time learn and earn. It’s pretty much that easy.....

S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
Cool. Well said.

So if it is that easy why is it failing a disproportionate amount of people? Excluding any of those people that are in theory not seeking employment only accepting a government check, that still leaves a lot of people struggling to earn enough to live. Forget savings, that isn't happening. They can't pay rent which keeps increasing again disproportionately to income.

What is wrong with helping them temporarily with housing discounts, ability to buy food, and other stimulus to help them gain a foot hold? Is that money well spent? Do they not appreciate it? I could give you story after story of people who raise out of poverty by these programs. They make the news but good news is a small percentage of the media.

I think the issue is that the programs aren't in people's minds if they aren't using them. So they are looked down at. Growing up I used these programs to get through school. I was surrounded by people who didn't need assistance. They never gave me crap for it. They respected that I got financial help. But then they grew up and in adulthood changed their perspective and look down on programs. Meanwhile I'm eclipsing their growth (I think).

Something changed when we got older...what was it?

Sure I point fingers at the rich. I would like to believe if I was rich and powerful I would still be a good person. There are plenty of multi millionaires who still seem like good people. I pointed out those Specific people because they are not good people. Some of them are nearly pure evil. They are the true bad guys. This isn't sports. This is money and power and they have no rules. they always have a lawyer that they can find a way around. Would you do that if you were rich and powerful? **** I keep my distance from lawyers until I need one. These guys have full time teams to be evil with.

What do you hear from your son who goes to private school? Is he comfortable? Aware of income inequality? Aware of college costs coming up?

Last edited:
S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
I think the federal and local governments are going to have take a hard look at their defense budgets with this recession. There are going to be a lot of people without jobs that will go beyond temporarily unemployed.

Social services will get funding usually earmarked for defense I hope. No more corporate bailouts disguised as loans. There is no trickle down effect as promised.

S
Feb 14, 2010
My kids went to public indoctrination. Attended with huge economic disparities and all colors. Where you can’t say Merry Christmas because someone might be offended. The principal calls to tell you your son gets too many rebounds while playing basketball and has been asked to share or not play at all. Where when you participate in reading Olympics where they used to celebrate the kids that read a lot and a give them a medal that I paid for through a donation to all kids get a medal just because. The only thing that mattered was common core scores and making everything equal. My son wasn’t allowed to go into honors classes because that would take role models out of the mainstream. The teacher that can’t tell you what kid punched your kid because of privacy issues. It went so far as they couldn’t play tag or run on the playground because someone was “IT” and someone might fall and get a booboo. Kids learn by success and failure. Take them away to even the play field and you end up with a bunch of mindless sissies.

Private school you have the kid dropped of in the Rolls Royce to the kid that gets free tuition because dad mows the lawn or mom works in the kitchen. Donors provide millions of dollars in tuition assistance so many that can’t afford can send their kid there. They teach the whole sphere of politics religion and history not a single side of an issue. Is it perfect no but much better than the alternative.

We are not rich. Do community service, help our neighbors, donate money and time. I do it my kids do it. We do without a lot of things so they can go to private school and college if they want. We live well and spend wisely. Save and pay cash. Didn’t grow up with money and don’t take handouts

S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
I was all with you until the end there. Don't take handouts? That is your personal doctrine and it means you judge people who do for them doing so even though you have ZERO idea why they need to get assistance. You just said that kids go to the private school on favors and generosity. They don't fit your doctrine. Why do you get to judge if that is fair to you or not? Why do you get to insult their spending habits?

Again what happened? Why come from near poverty and then switch to looking down at those still in poverty? Doesn't volunteering give you a concept of what it means to get that assistance from generosity wether you are building with habit for humanity or just donating money to a cause? They give you love and appreciation. Every time. They know you are taking a piece of yourself to give to others. So why the course attitude? It just comes off as grumpy. My dad was grumpy also. He was miserable. Always complaining. No one wanted to be around him unless he was happy. That wasn't often.

S
Feb 14, 2010
Attitude. Your a sniveling whiner. Good for you for apparently pulling yourself up with assistance. I’m all for hand ups but not for handouts. You can give people handouts forever and many if not most will never use it to get ahead. They will just expect more for less. I see it in my own family. Losers remained losers and takers. Workers and planers get ahead. I have a sister that spent 9 years in Federal prison for armed robbery. A brother that was killed by a drunk driver. Another that still blames the system and everyone and everything else for his failures. He forgets he didn’t finish high school. Broke his back and neck as a drunk driver. And continues to be the poster child for meth. My younger brother and I work and look at cause, effect and effort as the way to success. Funny as we grew up in the same house and had many difficulties and differences. Most of the problems were caused by their own crappy decisions, blaming others and waiting for someone or the government to give them the money and guidance that they should rely upon themselves for

S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
Ah so your high chair is self appointed?

Does your family call you judgemental to your face or just behind your back?

How do you insulate your son from it? Even in private school he could turn into a loser.

So you don't understand grants versus loans, or you just don't like them? I mean it isn't that easy to get either but just one of the wrong one breaks your moral code. Ok got it. Interesting.

S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
Oopsie

She is such an animal!

661a43e0a5e23d5714a1110313984a1e.jpg

S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
Trump is the least of my concerns. Pretty clear at this point a caveman could beat that fool. The experiment with a "non politician" is over. He failed. As expected. He is a reality show host not a leader.

leisureexpress

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2008
Interacting with simple is pretty much like trying to nail jello to a wall. Ya get lots of nails, it seems to stick, then he just oozes away and ADHD or whatever changes the topic to some other karen / boomer mindless and senseless rant. I figured that out pretty quickly. Pretty much useless in any discussion where there is no focus - oh - what - KAREN - ok BOOMER. = WTF?

Other than a quick meme that takes only seconds, it's just not worth it.

Sideline = reality with well explained details.

simple = scatterbrain with loads of victimhood, resentment, then quickly change the subject to whatever color the kaleidoscope pipe tokes out.

It does all have loads of entertainment value though. So "thanks" simple. FU KAREN! OK Whatever BOOMER! FU Boomer! Whatever KAREN! WOW THAT got ME!

Last edited:

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls
Trump is the least of my concerns. Pretty clear at this point a caveman could beat that fool. The experiment with a "non politician" is over. He failed. As expected. He is a reality show host not a leader.

Have you ever tried finding or looking up anything positive about YOUR president? Just curious which half of the glass is full for ya....

Premium Features