• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Minneapolis (aka Chicago West) is burning

S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
I've been thinking all morning for anything positive. Still got nothing. Known plenty about him since the 1980s. He was a Playboy real estate slumlord back then and he has only gotten worse as he entered politics. Personally while he has attempted to unwind some of the bureaucracy of my permit processes it really hasn't worked. It just created confusion because he talks with Twitter and signs Executive orders without reading them. My personal and business taxes have skyrocketed. My health insurance has gotten worse.

It is like asking me to compliment the nice suits that Lex Luthor wears. He is still evil and power hungry and wants all to bend to his will but he sure does dress nice.

All he has done has enacted tariffs. That is his main weapon. All it has done is make things more expensive for us at retail. My friends small businesses have suffered because they have to pay that import tax or find a free trade zone to get around the massively large tax. It isn't bringing manufacturing to America. It is just screwing with the supply chain.

Anyway..that is what I got for OUR failed experiment with Trump. It has been a disaster and 2020 should be proof to all but the cult members who think this is a game of red vs blue. Meanwhile America is slipping further down the ladder. Do yourself a favor and look at the media from OUTSIDE the US for their perspective. They are truly concerned we can't be counted on any longer. What a mess. I'm happy to see the people doing something to put the fear in the government that if they don't do something meaningful to get equality then they stay in the streets until the hand is forced. In that sense, the pandemic has had a benefit that people have more free time to get involved. Usually that job is handled by retired folks at city council meetings. Not in 2020. The kids are out of school and pissed off.

Last edited:

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls
I've been thinking all morning for anything positive. Still got nothing. Known plenty about him since the 1980s. He was a Playboy real estate slumlord back then and he has only gotten worse as he entered politics. Personally while he has attempted to unwind some of the bureaucracy of my permit processes it really hasn't worked. It just created confusion because he talks with Twitter and signs Executive orders without reading them. My personal and business taxes have skyrocketed. My health insurance has gotten worse.

It is like asking me to compliment the nice suits that Lex Luthor wears. He is still evil and power hungry and wants all to bend to his will but he sure does dress nice.

All he has done has enacted tariffs. That is his main weapon. All it has done is make things more expensive for us at retail. My friends small businesses have suffered because they have to pay that import tax or find a free trade zone to get around the massively large tax. It isn't bringing manufacturing to America. It is just screwing with the supply chain.

Anyway..that is what I got for OUR failed experiment with Trump. It has been a disaster and 2020 should be proof to all but the cult members who think this is a game of red vs blue. Meanwhile America is slipping further down the ladder. Do yourself a favor and look at the media from OUTSIDE the US for their perspective. They are truly concerned we can't be counted on any longer. What a mess. I'm happy to see the people doing something to put the fear in the government that if they don't do something meaningful to get equality then they stay in the streets until the hand is forced. In that sense, the pandemic has had a benefit that people have more free time to get involved. Usually that job is handled by retired folks at city council meetings. Not in 2020. The kids are out of school and pissed off.
Nothing at all? Wow, you have to try hard to not find anything. That’s the ultimate ostrich move to claim nothing by “just thinking”...instead of maybe seeking/researching with an open mind.

S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
How has he and his administration benefited you? Please try not to quote talking points on judges, immigration, stock market and such. You and your business or lifestyle have improved? I seriously doubt that unless you own a McDonald's chain in Washington dc. I mean if you are a fan of nepotism then sure that is positive.

What are you getting at? Give me real examples that impacted you. Not political talking points from Fox news.

I mentioned foreign policy with tariffs. They don't work as intended or promised. So no that isn't a positive. North Korea and Afghanistan peace talks? Both aren't completed. It is what he does. Brags about a great job he is doing but never actually completes it. Seems to be a great golfer. Wonderful job Mr. President!

Last edited:
J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Where was the outrage when he was holding a gun to a pregnant woman stomach? Five stints in prison? Sometimes God has to call in the lost.
Well then God can blast him with a bolt of lightning or some BS if he needs to. It means nothing in this context. Just like Chappelle said...No one picked George Floyd as a hero other than the cops who murdered him. So if you have issue with how the situation has exploded, best take it up with them. Sick of hearing about stuff like this? Best be part of the solution and hopefully one day you won’t have to hear it at all. Wouldn’t that be nice? Simple stuff.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
It'sinteresting how people perceive things differently . Chapelle is a funny and whitty guy . I was actually disappointed , he did do a pretty good job at how he put the numbers together and tied the conversation to it . But the foul mouth dope smoking analogy ruined his message , been there done that . For people to think people of wealth or title to speak for the masses is not to benefit the masses but themselves . Let's get the royal family involved while we're at it .

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
Did you catch the significant portion of time he spent explaining why people *shouldn't* be waiting on celebrity opinions? His own included?
Then why did he do entire show/segment/whatever trying to convince you otherwise?
I like Dave and all his shows, he past work was more diverse in calling a spade a spade, just look at his stand up of Jussie Smolett. He is correct the officer is in the wrong and should be punished by the full extent of law. Now where he is wrong, his distasteful bashing/sexual harassment of Candice Owens is absolutely wrong. This is all because she has a different view point. His bashing/race baiting of Laura Ingraham because she reveled the nba is hungry for chinas money, wrong! His trying to justify the killing of police by rogues, wrong and sick. His trying to make Micheal Brown sound innocent, very wrong.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
People like Candace and Laura, who are actively profiting from and participating in perpetuating/justifying the hatred and systemic racism that forms the foundation of all these issues need to be called out and take some heat in the worst way. DC being a crass comedian goes over-the-top on it, yes....but hey, he’s a comedian that says offensive stuff, don’t be a snowflake. If you want that to dilute the overall message that is your decision.

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
Response from Owens to Dave Chapelle “I’m not a leftist. I have a sense of humor and I think comedians SHOULD make fun of people.” Apparently she is not a snowflake.........

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
More polarizing garbage with the “leftist” qualifier thrown in. It’s crazy how much you guys pine for it.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Well, then that's unfortunate.
Was hoping for some good news coming out of Seattle for a change.

Premium Features