• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Minneapolis (aka Chicago West) is burning

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
That is easy.
The police have basically been neutralized by Seattle's sad excuse for a mayor.
This leaves the job of restoring order to the citizens. With the support of many patriot bikers (many of these gentlemen are veterans), order would likely be restored.

What were you hoping would happen? The lefties to continue to hold this city hostage?
I hope not. To use your own words....you're better than that!

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Not sure what makes you think I side with Chauvin?
His actions are being blamed for causing all of this after all.
That said, he deserves the judicial process that we're all entitled to. But some refer to him as guilty pre-trial.
After weeks of rioting, I think most of us have seen enough.

As far as a peaceful protest? That should certainly happen if the judicial process fails to achieve justice.
My tolerance vanished when law enforcement officers were made to be the villains in this fiasco.

These are my motives that have formed my current opinion.

Would you care to share why you have chosen the other side?

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I've voiced my position. I think that's fairly transparent.
I think further back and forth is nothing more than an exercise in redundancy.

D

Dobber1

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
?Interesting take...

“Systematic racism takes place in crumbling liberal cities run by Democrats for decades. Affordable housing is put in inner cities while jobs are shipped to China through overbearing taxes and onerous restrictions.

Then they become sanctuary cities where illegal immigrants move in and take the jobs that are left. Police unions defend bad cops making it nearly impossible to remove them. School unions contribute heavily to Democrats, so city leaders follow their directives of no school choice, no vouchers and no charter schools; send the youths to failed inner city schools.

The leaders take no responsibility for failing, but now say, “You’re victims; you can’t get ahead; it’s not your fault” – and thus new recruits for the permanent underclass Democratic voting bloc.

It was the Great Society bill that changed America from the land of opportunity to the land of entitlement. Failing the African-American community lies squarely with 55 years of failed Democratic policies and broken promises that have destroyed family units and the ability to advance.”

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Now in Atlanta a man is blocking the drive thru of a Wendy's, sleeping is his car. As cops are removing him a scuffle begins and suspect manages to take tazer from officer. During footchase the suspect aims this is weapon at officer and discharges. Officer returns fire and suspect is killed.
Officer is immediately fired without his due process. Now it's reported that he may face murder charges.
Yes racism is a problem. People hate cops and blacks hate whites. This is the racism problem we have.
We are creating an environment where nobody will choose law enforcement as a career path.
When that happens, who protects our neighbors and our property then?

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
Brooks has their own ‘non lethal’ weapon (as described by law enforcement officers all over these Inited States, in many interactions as ‘non lethal’ ... shot the stun gun at officers but not landed... officer shot him in the back twice with his pistol and killed the man ...
In the atmosphere of what is happening around our country ... bad choice ......that officer, IMO used excessive force that ended up killing a man.

There shouldn’t be outrage here?
No there should not, shouldn’t you be outraged for the safety of the officers? Police officers risk their lives daily and only want to make it home safe to their families at the end of the day. Luckily, it was only a taser(obviously he would have grabbed a gun if opportune) but he intended harm to our public servant when he pulled the trigger soooooo I hate to be obvious but.......

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
Sheriff David Clarke explains how cops are trained better now than they ever have been.
Start at 1:50 if you want to skip preamble......

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
I encourage you you to listen to Trey Gowdy’s podcast above

ESPECIALLY if you find the topic or presentation above to be bothersome ...

What is in your heart ??
Listened to the entire 32:57 seconds, not making the connection how if someone itends harm to an officer with a taser that we should try to make a connection with someone thats different from us?
Please explain....

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
The cops talked with this guy for almost 45 minutes.........HE made several BAD choices that resulted in his death. I love how some people say the cops should have just "let him go, they had his car, they knew who he was." Thats all fine and dandy until he steals a car and runs over a bunch of kids crossing the street because he passed out at the wheel......again.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
https://radio.foxnews.com/2020/06/10/sheria-clarke-on-difficult-yet-simple-steps-towards-healing-the-racial-divide/

I'm trying to put this in words , this conversation has nothing to do with what's going on from what I could take from it . Sheria is a intelligent person that speaks also of religion ( what's that got to do with it ) and what she can do . I hear racism , forget the colors it's racist , once you stop acknowledging that than this country can move on but than your gonna have to convert the world also .

Doesn't matter how smart a person is until they have been in the trench before understanding the whole picture .

Ever been to court , judge weighs many options and one is what has a person done for their community .

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
Good Discussion ... and good point Blitz about
Not being connected... simple to see.... but germain to the topic of this thread and the conversation and not related to your comment.

Bad cops aren't only what you see in old gangster movies....
And like Rhodes said.... Bad cops that fear the good cops is ONE of the paths to healing this country.

A mechanic that intentionally rips you off is a "BAD" mechainc.... someone that says they changed your oil and filter but simply wiped it off with a rag and billed you for it... malicious, bad-mechanic.

A mechanic that because of lack of experience or being tired of his job does not properly torque the head of your D-Max or P-Stroke on correctly after replacing the gasket causes your engine to overheat and ruin the engine.... "Bad" mechainc.... inexperienced or not properly trained mechanic... but not malicious.... still "bad"

One mechanic is malicious one mechanic is inexperienced or ill-trained.... both are "Bad" mechanics.
Even though most mechanics... ones at dealers and ones at independent shops are "good mechanics"

The same with our Law enforcement... Local, State and Fed.

Some are 'Bad" because they are malicious.... taking graft or selling drugs or just being thugs with a badge.

Some are 'Bad' because they shoot and kill someone because they are inexperienced in situations or untrained and end up taking a life where they could have done differently. Like the President of the Oath-Keepers said.... Chauvin murdered Floyd... and that was the "match" that lit a destructive situation.... Chauvin, and his training/experience/callousness caused MUCH more damage to our country than killing Floyd.

There is a reason that the ATL Police officer was Charged... there was evidence to do so under governance of the LAWS of the state.

I have many friends, for many years, and family members that are police officers... some are 'good' cops as Rhodes would say... and some are bad.

As a child growing up in the suburbs of Detroit... I saw acts of courage, kindness and 'Service' from our local Police and State Troopers... I also saw racism and thuggery, first hand, from Officers.

I watched as a child in the 70's.... a man who disarmed a hand-shaking Police officer who pointed a gun at his head.... Subdued the officer and handcuffed the officer on the ground.... locked the officers gun and belt in the officers squad car. A local minister wached what happened... called what I recall to be the officers Mother (crazy times right).... and diffused the situation without even a report being filed. That same officer then transferred to parking enforcemnt a week later. The officer was in the wrong.... and the man narrowly escaped with his life because he was physically capabale of defending himself... and the officer was alone. Lucky... but still a 'bad' cop. My parents told me that night to never talk to ANYONE about the incident... for fear that something would happen to our family. That was back when your parent's only told you to be back for dinner 'or else' .

Dylann Roof goes into a church and shoots 9 people cold-dead.... is followed by police who calmly arrest him without shooting him... a boy/man that they KNEW was armed and LETHAL....
Well trained officers that should be commended... even though they could have easily justified coming in, guns blazing, and shot that boy dead on the spot.

That is my answer....

I support the Officers of our nation while at the same time, in agreement with rational people like Trey Gowdy, and Steven Rhodes.... condemn those that cannot do their DIFFICULT job without killing someone for passing a fake $20 or falling asleep in the drive-thru of a Wendys.

Scared officers, doing their job, but still inexperienced... and like the mechainc... not good at their job ( 'bad').... a job that can be fatal for officers or citezens.... Like in the case of Philando Castile... a fellow Permitted Gun Carrying man.... that did NOT brandish his weapon was shot dead by Officer Jimenez from outside of the vehicle... in broad daylight... in front of his girlfriend and daughther because he was, evidently, too scared to perform the requirements of his job and shot a man dead. If you don't think that can happen to you, you may want to think on it a bit. I have black freinds who council their kids on how to survive a interaction with officers.... And like Trey said in the conversation above, he's never had to have the same, repeated, conversation with his kids... and most whites have not either. Most.

Yes.... there is adaquit reason to Re-Evalute the roll of police, the Unions where some are corrupt or abusive.... and how our citizens are protected.
Police have a dangerous, difficult job.... I think that they could be much improved upon with better training and being held accountable for their actions...
I'm tired of the hyperbole that if flying around on BOTH sides of this argument however.

Defund the police... NOPE...
Regulate them better.... Yes
.... provide better pathways to get rid of 'bad-apples' without threats from the likes of Bob Kroll, David Clarke or other extremist agents.... again, Yes.

... yes... Control some of the nutbags/thugs running some of the FOP organizations
... yes. Stop giving certain officers training or allowing them to participate in training that views the citizens... that they have SWORN to "Protect and Serve"... as the "Enemy"..... unless you want to live in that world of fear and outrage.

You cant expect to pee in your pool and go for a clean swim.... and standing by silently or turning an eye is doing just that... Peeing on our Constuiton and societey that ... in it's very words.... the 14th ammendment.... provides 'Equal protection" ... protection for Officers and Citizens, all citizens.

I believe in my heart that the 14th is every bit as important as 1st or 2nd. For ALL citizens.

I do beilve, wholeheartedly... from personal experience/observations as well as learned expeiences... that Black people in the this country are systematically treated in a manner that contradicts the 14th amendment and ANY Proud Patriot should rise to their defense in calling out the injustice and hypocracy of situations that demand action to defend.

I appreciate your input & observations based on life experiences but this isn’t the 70’s anymore, you cant subdue an officer, if you had watched the David Clarke vid i posted you would logically agree.
I have this argument with friends, family & snowesters :) daily so I’m gonna try to be brief....
If you are walking down a sidewalk and a “shifty” character(white, black, purple, doesnt matter) is walking towards you, you may change your path, the “shifty” guy changes his path to intercept then your next instinct is defense. The next move for the shifty guy is(if violent, we dont know) is attack or deception then attack. You wont know till your past & clear of him. Cops cant change path, this suspect might choose deception, pretend nice then attack officer, taser him, or just kill the officer. Cops can never let down their guard & always be ready if they expect to live. Thats why Sheriff Clarke stresses if pulled over to always comply with the officer and sort it out later if you have been wronged.
Your Sheria Clarke post: she “trains” her kids if pulled over by cops to keep hands on the wheel and be polite....no fawking sh!t.....what a novel idea. My uncle, a retired HP says to go a step farther & turn on your dome light at night to show good faith to the officer that pulled you over.....what a human idea!
We can play the he shouldn’t be judged be he looks “shifty” game all day but in the end its human nature, instinct & defense. You CANT change human nature/natural instinct no matter how much you virtue signal or race shame.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Actually not meant to be funny. They say quit watching fox but then listen to gowdy on fox. Which is it. Just when it's convenient? Kind of like free speech. Only when it is what you believe. What about what gowdy said about the FBI or Russian hoax or Hillary emails or impeachment of the president you hate beings he is on a pedistal? Quit catering to scumbags. The cop killed George floyd. He will pay. The cop was being shot at with a taser and was in the right. Could it have been handled differently? Yes. Split second to make a choice. Quit vilifying every cop out there and making everything about race. The moral of the story is here is another idiot people are trying to make a martyr out of. You don't do that crap with cops. Try that when the highway patrol pulls you over and see how it goes. The lack of respect for anything, by the left, is insane. This is why you don't let this stuff go on. You shut it down, now, by any means possible. You don't let them take over a police precinct or completely block off a bridge or people's businesses. What about other people's rights? People can peacefully protest but how is it ok to infringe on others rights. Maybe try getting a job and be for something instead of always against everything. Maybe try to take responsibility instead of blaming everyone else for your problems. Maybe try looking to the future instead of living in the past and trying to erase our history. Maybe try showing respect in order to receive respect. Maybe ask what you can do instead of what someone can do for you all the time. Maybe think of yourself as an American instead of thinking about race all the time. People who bring up race are the most racist.

Premium Features