• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MC setup!!!! Win

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Thought I'd give a little feedback on my MC conversion. Really only need to say it in one word - AWESOME! Or maybe two - focking awesome! The deep snow performance, sidehilling, and climbing is so much better. It's still a little baffling that little of an angle change makes such a big difference. Also the 8 tooth drivers just work better. Man I really wish I had a stock 16 with me just to do some comparisons on the hill. I know it works better though; it just pops out of the snow. Needless to say I'm super happy with the change. If you are contemplating making the change just do it, trust me it worth every penny spent and the labor it takes. If you are in the market to buy, go with the MC over a holdover. If it's a $2,000/$2,500 price difference don't even hesitate buying the MC. It honestly is just that much better.

Here is a link to my post with some details on the conversion.

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=416255

I really hope others that have done the conversion will chime in, would love to hear what others think.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I feel the same way! I love mine too but honesty don't have much time on it. I got to ride a new Skidoo 850 165" yesterday and shockingly, I was really happy to get back on my 2015 Proclimb.

Check out the approach angle on my 2015 now. With the TKI belt drive, Mountain Cat kit and the 3" Powerclaw, it absolutely jumps up on to of the snow now.

2015 Proclimb.jpg

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
So how much longer is the Mc chaincase than previous? I'm sure it's a pretty drastic change from the 7 tooth to 8 tooth sprockets on the '16 plus the longer case, but is there that much difference on the previous year sleds that already have 8 tooth drivers?

Not disregarding frostbites opinion on his '15 with MC case, just lookin for more opinions. Especially as I don't feel my '14 is all that bad at getting up on the snow.

bopper

Premium Member
Apr 28, 2008
elkford,bc
So how much longer is the Mc chaincase than previous? I'm sure it's a pretty drastic change from the 7 tooth to 8 tooth sprockets on the '16 plus the longer case, but is there that much difference on the previous year sleds that already have 8 tooth drivers?

Not disregarding frostbites opinion on his '15 with MC case, just lookin for more opinions. Especially as I don't feel my '14 is all that bad at getting up on the snow.

I have two 14's and a mountain cat, I won't ride the 14's anymore. The mountain cat setup is that good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Man you guys suck.

Now I gotta go cut up my pretty new sled........spend a bunch a damn money........

grumble grumble grumble..........

Chewy: you did some exhaust stuff too right? Any of you others who did the dropped case do only that and nothing else?

I
Sep 23, 2016
Next yr my 15 ltd is getting a belt drive and mc set up...and a camsno 280
face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Last year my sled wanted to wheelie pretty bad in steep climbs. In fact, I bought a Zbros bracket to limit the wheeling and now with the lowered chain case, it doesn't want to transfer weight nearly as much. I am working on a solution and may not need the Zbros piece?

When I did the TKi belt drive (the belt drive is easy to do) I added the mountain cat templates and ordered a 2017 Mountain Cat inner chain case from Cat Country. The Mountain cat kit was quite a job (several days). It's a lot of work. It's almost to the point where if you could afford the 2017 Mountain Cat and sell your existing sled, it might be worth it. I also jumped from the 2.6" to a used 3.0" Powerclaw which also seemed to help. I used the existing 2015 rear skid and just trimmed the tips of rail caps so they don't hit the 2015 stock 8 tooth drivers.

As far as other stuff goes. I have the SLP stage II kit (kind of) I bought a used Power Commander V from the forum and SLP emailed me the fuel mapping for their single pipe kit.

I elected to use MDS weights in place of the SLP MTX weights.

I have the 2016 front end kit (if I had to do it again I may have stayed at 38" and swapped over to the new spindles or maybe even Zbros stuff at 38").

Last edited:

03Firecatguy

Mar 12, 2011
Aberdeen SD
I am above and beyond impressed with the way my Mountain Cat works as well. Absolutely no comparison to 14 I came off of. I did the Jaws pipe kit, TKI Belt drive, MDS weights and a 43 helix and secondary spring from RacinStation. Sled works absolutely amazing. Glad I made this purchase.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Are you running the stock ECU? What weights in the primary? Helix & springs?

Yes stock ECU. Sure I'm pushing it but so far it works very well. I'm trying out the BMP stage 2 clutch kit. Jury is still out on the clutch kit. Next trip, going back to my setup last year to see which I like better.

Rinker

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
CO
Love it

Yep. i agree 100% on the D&R. This was the best mod I have done. I was in 3' of fresh, bottomless powder in mid-December and i was amazed at how the sled stayed up on the snow and launched out of it when you needed to hit the gas. It didn't trench like it would have last year in the same snow without the D&R. I have the 16 LE 162. Worth the day of hacking up the sled.

i would definitely recommend this mod.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I have an update as well. For those of you with older Proclimbs that struggle a bit riding them with the narrow 2016 front end and older suspensions, do the dropped chain case. I struggled with controlling the sled and sometimes felt like a clown in the deep stuff on my 2015 153" with a 2016 36" front end.

This fall I did the belt drive kit, 3" Powerclaw and the dropped chain case mods and the important part is, I left the 2015 rear skid installed with trimmed rail caps. The skid seems to work just fine with the lowered chain case. The only things I haven't quite figured out yet is the transfer. Before the lowered chain case with the 153" 2.6" Powerclaw, when climbing, the front end wanted to go sky high. So I added the Zbros KISS coupling bracket and I have it set on the stock setting but the sled isn't lifting the front end as much as I would like yet. With the much lower approach angle, I may not need the KISS bracket with the lowered chain case?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I have an update as well. For those of you with older Proclimbs that struggle a bit riding them with the narrow 2016 front end and older suspensions, do the dropped chain case. I struggled with controlling the sled and sometimes felt like a clown in the deep stuff on my 2015 153" with a 2016 36" front end.

This fall I did the belt drive kit, 3" Powerclaw and the dropped chain case mods and the important part is, I left the 2015 rear skid installed with trimmed rail caps. The skid seems to work just fine with the lowered chain case. The only things I haven't quite figured out yet is the transfer. Before the lowered chain case with the 153" 2.6" Powerclaw, when climbing, the front end wanted to go sky high. So I added the Zbros KISS coupling bracket and I have it set on the stock setting but the sled isn't lifting the front end as much as I would like yet. With the much lower approach angle, I may not need the KISS bracket with the lowered chain case?

Are you trenching?
What are you running for clutching

Premium Features