• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Matryx Seat Nightmare!!

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
I recently purchased an 850 Matryx. Does anybody else feel the group who designed the seat must eat mountains of doughnuts and have endless cushion in their rear ends?? They sure didn’t place any cush in the seats, very similar to riding 2x10 doug fir!!

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Its firm for sure. On the flip side. I swapped with a 21 Axys yesterday and found that seat to be the opposite. Too cushy and slick. But at the end of the day when the legs told me to sit, it was kind of nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I recently purchased an 850 Matryx. Does anybody else feel the group who designed the seat must eat mountains of doughnuts and have endless cushion in their rear ends?? They sure didn’t place any cush in the seats, very similar to riding 2x10 doug fir!!
Why were you riding a 2 x10 Doug fir?

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
Is it a 24? I heard something about the 24s getting softer seats than 22-23s but I haven't tried comparing them. My 23 doesn't bother me though. No natural cushion on my skinny ass either.

Rob.G

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 10, 2023
Mobile
So far I have no complaints with my 23's seat. Yeah it's a bit firm but I don't spend much time on it.

Pickin’ Boogers

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2013
I never sit down while riding but do when stopped. It's been tempting to make a new seat with storage under it - great place for a tool roll or something similar that can just stay permanently on the sled. An inch of firm padding on top of the "lid" would be enough.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Is there a good story with this?
Not really. On Chillys “Boost Recon Mission”, Chilly blasted up through some steep and thick reprod, not leaving much of a line and in typical Ryan fashion, I thought, sure I see a line and got bucked making the last turn before the climb through the trees. Left hand came off the grip and my index finger was last to leave the bar in a forward motion and she bend right backwards as my sled stopped and body went forward🤦🏻‍♂️ I knew it wasn’t going to be pretty, waited a bit to pull my glove off and it was swollen pretty fast.

Not as cool as breaking my back, all my right ribs, collapsing my right lung and shattering my right collar bone in a motocross accident falling 20’ onto my head… That’s old news though, 2005.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Not really. On Chillys “Boost Recon Mission”, Chilly blasted up through some steep and thick reprod, not leaving much of a line and in typical Ryan fashion, I thought, sure I see a line and got bucked making the last turn before the climb through the trees. Left hand came off the grip and my index finger was last to leave the bar in a forward motion and she bend right backwards as my sled stopped and body went forward🤦🏻‍♂️ I knew it wasn’t going to be pretty, waited a bit to pull my glove off and it was swollen pretty fast.

So you became the recovery mission on a recovery mission? FFS. This is exactly why you call the heli. I’d be pressing charges against your guide. It sounds like he disregarded your safety and was trying to injure or kill you?

Premium Features