• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m1100t skis

06m7

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
going to haydays this weekend gonna pick up a set of skis for my 2013 m1100t what do u guys suggest

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
That's interesting. If I remember right the last time a thread was started on skis the favorite by a tiny margin was SLP's. Guess it depends on who is hanging out on here when the question is asked. People like their skis for different reasons. Personally I have rode SLP's for 8 years. I don't think they carry weight any better than others but I do like the deep keel for the type of riding, snow, and terrain I ride. My last three sleds have been front end heavy and I couldnt stand the sled not going where I pointed it at slower speeds. Drove me nuts. They have some darting issues on the trail as any single runner ski does but at least I can put it on a line on some hardpacked technical lines and know its not sliding off. Sometimes sliding off isn't an option. I wouldn't mind giving the Gen III a chance, don't like opinionating on something I don't have time on.

Last edited:
T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Im trying Pilot DS skis on mine this coming year. Some like the Slydogs, some like the GEN 3. I agree with Justboostit that there are different reasons each likes the skis.

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
I bought the gen3s' cause my local guy is a dealer for them and I about s%$t my pants when I seen the width of them. But they worked flawlessly in the deep out west last year. We got out there in the first week of march after a large 2 week dumping and the skis worked awesome even when the temps warmed they would still turn on a dime in the mash potatoes! Very pleased with them as well in Michigan on the trails and off! They look so damn cool on the sled as well!

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
I put a set of Gen 3's on mid point last year.

I had Simmons on an older sled and loved them. The Gen 3's work fantastic.

THe dual runner skis really make ski darting a non issue. They are a bit heavier than other skis though but they perform very well.

I paid $325 for mine. Yes I got a great deal........

Expect to pay in the $400 range

06m7

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
Thanx for all the replies I'll let u know what I end up paying

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
The Gen 111 are as heavy as the original dual runner simmons-
the Sly dogs ( powder hounds) have a deep keel and both skis together are lighter than one simmons... and they FLEX!

S/C

S
Dec 6, 2007
But do the loops hold up on the slydog ski? They look pretty weak and I am always yanking on a ski trying to get unstuck from one bad choice or another. I love the look just don't know about durability. Especially when pulling out my big 4 stroker.

sledking120

Premium Member
Nov 14, 2011
South Dakota
slydogs are a very nice ski and flex along ways and come back to normal the worst part about them is the ski loops have notches in them and are hard on the hands

Premium Features