• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M is for fricken mud!

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
At 6:00 last night I drive out East past civilization for an appt. and turn on to the customers road that is pretty straight but is hilly and of course there are no houses out there sans 3. There are no turnouts and after the first 1/4 mile there's not any heckn gravel either, just dirt. Well before the 6-8" of snow melted it was mud. So I get stuck in the customers driveway, same mud. GREAT! So the customer says that the office said that I'd call before I came out, well, we don't do that, aren't even allowed to. He didn't bother to call the office to warn me either.

So I call my dad and tell him that I'm going to need his help later in the evening. We go ahead and go through with the appt. and give him 2 options to talk about doing with his refi. I call dad again and get him on the road to come help me. In the mean time we are trying to get the customers ford out of the way in his pole barn with a mud floor, we get his suzuki crawler out finally and hook up to my car and after many, many attempts we get it turned around and unstuck, but not really cause now the mud is worse and he basically rips part of his bumper mounts loose.

Dad shows up and I hook up my car and off we go down the driveway, man is it slick. I have a strap with the nice little hook and spring loaded retainer that is mangled and we are making our way up the last hill and I am keeping up speed with dad and at the last part of the hill the car starts slipping and low and behold the strap comes off leaving me stranded.

So, w/o any momentum for the hill, I decide to back down, I can't see hardly anything but manage to back down the hill but take the right fork at the V in the road. Dad's coming back down and, SOB! he backs down too close to the V and buries the left front of the truck in 30" water and mud. We're done!

So, I call my customer and he brings the suzuki down to pick us up and take us back to his place for the night. Keep in mind it's now after midnight and snowing and blowing. Were thinking that it'll freeze overnight and then I can just drive my car back into town. His wife feeds my father and I and I get the couch and dad gets the spare bed.

Well, it didn't freeze so the Maxima just buries in cause the mud got worse overnight. So we call a friend of my dads to just come and pick us up, we'll hoof it the mile or so to the main hwy and have him take us home to get my jeep and call another buddy with a jeep for the recovery mission.

So I get home to find that the county plowed a 3' berm at my driveway and the snow has drifted a foot deep over 200 feet long on my drive. So now I have no idea how long it took to get the drive cleared. Then I have 2 sleds, one torn all apart and parts and tools everywhere that have to be moved to get my Jeep out of the garage. Of course it hasn't been driven for months and the tires are very low, the top is down and the battery is dead. It's so dead that the charger won't even start charging it. So I have to tow it backwards out of the garage and drag it around so that I can get cables from my truck to reach the battery on the Jeep. Cluster F! So I pop the hood and prop it up only to have the wind pick up and pull the rod out and slam the hood into the windshield header. MF'r!

Now I get to tell the wife that I need her to go with us to drive a car back, you know how that goes over! Get on the road and head out to BFE and even have to get gas on the way. On the road at least, let's git r done.

Now my buddy has been waiting at a gas station and low and behold it is run by the next door neighbor of my customer. He has a massive tractor but had refused to help pull the truck out at 5:30 in the morning when he was leaving for work. I don't know how the conversation started at the gas station but this azzhole starts telling my buddy how he's gonna sue me if I screw up his driveway which happened to be at the V in the road. Now My customer had previously told me that this azzhole himself had slid into the same ditch that my dad is now stuck in!

So we mosey out to this chithole and we get my car out and send my wife down the road and now are starting to figure out the plan of attack on the truck when, guess who comes over the hill! Mr azzhole himself, he runs over my winch cable that I'm just starting to pull out and tells me to get the F off his "driveway" Needless to say I started out trying to be nice and let him know that by far the easiest way to get the truck out is to pull it backwards to avoid getting the rest of the truck in the ditch. He refuses and tells me again to move and basically F off. So, my temper sucks and I let him have it and then I even give the old super door swing fake into his door and man, did his eyes light up! Now this winner doesn't have even half his teeth, but I refrain from the hillbilly calling but that was about it. So now he won't even give me time to back up and he actually hits my tire with the rear qp and bumper of his truck and drives up to his house and turns around to watch the rest of our extraction. Now my customer has seen that we are back to get the truck and comes down the road in his suzuki and I tell him what a dick his neighbor is being and he goes over to talk with him. He stays with him the whole time that we are winching the truck out.

Now since this azzhole won't let us on his property to pull the truck out, we have to pull it forward through 20' of this water filled mud ditch, literally inch by inch. With the 2 Jeeps strapped together, and the truck running we are able to winch the truck out after about a 1/2 hour. Finally we are free!

It's a 40 minute drive home flinging mud off the jeep for the first part of the trip. My wife had called me right after she got on the hwy and let me know that she was going to have multiple orgasms from all the shaking that my car was doing!:face-icon-small-sho I didn't get any pics but my car was as mud caked as it possibly could have been!

So, my wife took the car through the car wash twice and then this is what I cleaned off with the power washer.
drivewaymud.jpg

Anyway after another hour or so with the power washer, all the vehicles are relatively mud free on the surface. Wife is home from the grocery store now, so I have to go unload groceries.

What a freakin' day! Going riding tomorrow, hopefully I can forget about today. :hurt:

Last edited:

BTP

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2002
Colorado
Got your text pic of your dads truck. Thats fricken crazy. Glad your out. Yancy and I will help you forget when we are riding tomorrow:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-hap

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
That's before we had to drag it through the ditch 20' towards the direction the truck is pointed.

Bedtime for me, morning is gonna come early!

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
If nobody feels like shaking things up. Ear's I guess. State park says the snow is pretty crappy down low at the cabins and rv park, so no riding out of there. there is access out of Rand that leads up into some cool terrain around Jack Park. I rode there last year, It was pretty good up high. Out in the sticks, camping where you pull over. Not sure how high up the road you can go though. Where's this next storm sposed to hit? to soon to tell maybe.

Premium Features