• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Longterm REVIEW and INSTALL: Trailtech Voyager Pro GPS w/ BUDDY TRACKING

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Does anybody know anywhere that has them in stock?

Sent from my SM-S901U1 using Tapatalk
Generally speaking, THEY ARE SOLD OUT everywhere.

This is the part you are looking for.

Voyager Pro Kit, SNOW​

Item #: 922-122
Replacement for #: 922-120

Cornfusion

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2017
Western Pa
I ordered direct from trailtech. Back ordered both times, one I ordered in Nov took 2 months to show up and the other ordered in Jan only took a few weeks.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I ordered direct from trailtech. Back ordered both times, one I ordered in Nov took 2 months to show up and the other ordered in Jan only took a few weeks.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
that sounds about right.
If you order from their website today, I would NOT expect anything to ship much before APRIL.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Placed the order for 3 Voyager Pro GPS units this morning.
Hope to see them sometime in April if all goes well.
No plans on using them for this season at all at this point.

But this will be a Summer Install and then we will have some serious FUN testing and evaluating them next season!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I wonder if any of the newly announced features on the Polaris 7S will show up on the new Voyagers I have on order?

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Been using the voyager pro on Polaris and doos for over 2 seasons now. The buddy tracking feature is amazing, especially since you can connect with the 7s. When we get playing in the trees, someone can get stuck and need help and you can drive right to them easily. If you use the gages, rpm, engine temp, etc that’s nice too. The only down side is speed is only gps, so no track speed unless you are very cleaver and install some of the wheel sensors on your drive system and calibrate it.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Been using the voyager pro on Polaris and doos for over 2 seasons now. The buddy tracking feature is amazing, especially since you can connect with the 7s. When we get playing in the trees, someone can get stuck and need help and you can drive right to them easily. If you use the gages, rpm, engine temp, etc that’s nice too. The only down side is speed is only gps, so no track speed unless you are very cleaver and install some of the wheel sensors on your drive system and calibrate it.

The BUDDY TRACKING is the item we want to do the field testing on. That’s the most compelling feature by far and away for this eval.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
I can't begin to say how much I am looking forward to getting these installed and testing them next season.
You will never want to ride without the buddy tracking again. High Voltage and I spent 5 days riding and it’s such a comfort knowing where your riding buddy is when we are off playing in the trees.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
You will never want to ride without the buddy tracking again. High Voltage and I spent 5 days riding and it’s such a comfort knowing where your riding buddy is when we are off playing in the trees.
That is exactly what I am counting on.
I find myself in WHITE OUT conditions up on the ridge SO OFTEN and my riding partner may only be a couple hundred feet away, but that might as well be MILES when the wind kicks up and the snow comes down.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
9c04221f597ce1e94626c04fd078e957.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Would attaching a sensor to the jack shaft work? Most protected area that wouldn't be balance sensitive.

Premium Features