• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Late snowmobiles again

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
Polaris is now saying some sleds won’t be delivered until early to mid January. I expect a repeat of last year sometime in late December they’ll admit some won’t make it until February then later they’ll admit some will be March again. I wish they would put the guys that didn’t get there sleds until late last year to the front of the line but that’s unlikely since last year they didn’t appear to even know when some sleds shipped many just showed up.
I’m sure no one is surprised by this but still frustrating.

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
Polaris is now saying some sleds won’t be delivered until early to mid January. I expect a repeat of last year sometime in late December they’ll admit some won’t make it until February then later they’ll admit some will be March again. I wish they would put the guys that didn’t get there sleds until late last year to the front of the line but that’s unlikely since last year they didn’t appear to even know when some sleds shipped many just showed up.
I’m sure no one is surprised by this but still frustrating.
it's the same with all the sled manufacturers right now not just polaris . people don't realize the size of the problem shutting down the world economy for a year. exspect delays for the next few years in all markets auto and recreational . that's the reality .
maybe buying a new sled every year will mean not riding it til jan or feb

west dreams

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2009
Becker, Mn.
I just wish they would say what the models are that are going to be pushed to mid to late January? or later? I don't even care anymore, just let me know so I'm not stuck without a sled again.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
As we saw last year that’s not Polaris strategy . Last year their strategy was keep supplying best case scenario dates and push dates back at the last minute as needed.
Seemed like Ski Doo was more honest with the bad news or was able to track things better.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Doo and Poo could have done better last year with updates. Both seem to be doing better this year. Not perfect, but better.

west dreams

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2009
Becker, Mn.
Talked to my dealer this weekend in Minnesota and my 9R was pushed to mid to late January, I'm thinking realistically probably March or April. This will be 2 years in a row for me, I'm starting to not even care anymore.

Pickin’ Boogers

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2013
Maybe they learned from last year's over-promise-and-under-deliver, and plan the opposite this year. Setting expectations low, after deposits were already made, would be smart.

Premium Features