• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski-doo renegade 800 etec 2011

G
Dec 23, 2023
Gatineau
Hi everyone im new in these forum, got couple question if it happening to others here or know some.

So Last year my sled was overheat at nothing in the end of the season and many probleme so whatever i change the motor for à fresh new rebuilt all the way and guess what again i got a overheat code from coolant sensor and exhaust sensor fonctionnal problem and high coolant tempereture détecter, this time, i guess because of new built and prog, wont start at all, the ecm guy say to me it wont make fire until this code appear

I change motor coolant sensor not the exaust sensor but i tested and that gave me a résistance so like what the ecm guy say to me its a short somewhere or like a equiment fault.

I tested all the connector and the line to the ecm with the ecm guy all look good no strange grounding ect.

Out of idea anybody else had idea pls just whant make it start.

Make a lot of search and some others got probleme similar,
But the motor Will start and mine wont so it is like something else than overheat prob or it could be. Tanks

All propos Will be appreciat.

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
did rebuild include replacing waterpump gear at crankshaft?. I had 2011 800 etc with overheat and it was the coolant pump. stopped pumping because vibration in crankshaft eroded the plastic gear on pump. Mine had over 8 thousands runout on clutch stub. gotta check runout or it will do same again and loosen main bearing in case.

Premium Features