• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Kreating Khaos, 162" extreme and other easy mods

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
I am so impressed with Dans setup, I also did the balance,machine and trushift cover along with a full sea level clutching kit. Silky smooth and lowest heat Ive ever had in my clutchs
The new weights for the lower elevation are super accurate when I weighted all 3. These are the Mountain Mod Indy Specialty weights for 2020, still lots of room for more magnets if you add more power, and of course easy to take out weight to dial in perfect RPM when going up in elevation. When I weighted the 3 weights in the last pic 2 were exactly the same the 3 was 0.1 gram different That is precise! 1st pic below doesn't have all the magnets in and 3rd pic also has 3 magnets holes open when I took the pic.
IMG_8304.jpgIMG_8305.jpgIMG_8306.jpg

Last edited:

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
I received my clutches from Dan today. Those were the last piece I was waiting for. Assembled everything together and started the sled up. Adjusting the track tension and making sure the track is centered inside the tunnel. I ride elevation wise 6 - 9 thousand feet spend most of the time in the trees.

First thing I did notice track engagement was at 4200 rpm while on the stand. Is that to high of engagement rpm should I adjust the weight to bring the engagement rpm down?

Second how loose should the track tension be? As loose as the track can be before it ratchets? It does have IceAge rails and anti-stab.
Your engagement will be different slightly on the snow than the stand. You can adjust it with placement of the magnets on the adjustable wights or from changing the primary spring. Springs are cheap and some of us keep a few around to dial in what we like (everyone has a slight different preference) I like a smooth engagement on the snow when Im in the trees for example that lets me be picky with lines without trenching. Same sled if I was still racing hill climb would be a much higher engagement that would absolutely stink boon docking or in the trees. It's funny to me when I have someone switch sleds with me for a few minutes so I can "see how their's rips" they tell me and they have it set up like a snowcross race sled and cant figure out why they are stuck all day ;)

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
These snow storms in Upper MI have trees down everywhere! Took a little rip out yesterday and caught some branches from fallen trees and was also glad I had the RSI hand guards on, Im impressed with how these flex and retain their shape plus saved my knuckles from some whips. IMG_8295.jpgIMG_8296.jpg

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
The new weights for the lower elevation are super accurate when I weighted all 3. These are the Mountain Mod Indy Specialty weights for 2020, still lots of room for more magnets if you add more power, and of course easy to take out weight to dial in perfect RPM when going up in elevation. When I weighted the 3 weights in the last pic 2 were exactly the same the 3 was 0.1 gram different That is precise!View attachment 336534View attachment 336535View attachment 336536

So those are fully loaded at 71g? They cant be 850 weights if thats all they are for low elevation?

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
that weight has some material removed, the low elevation(trail)weight does not have that. Mine came set at 3-2-2-2 which is 73.5gr on the scale.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
that weight has some material removed, the low elevation(trail)weight does not have that. Mine came set at 3-2-2-2 which is 73.5gr on the scale.
Mine came set the same way, I took the pic above when I had some of the magnets out. I should have specified that it was just a reference pic. I do a lot of riding in Upper MI around 600-1000ft.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Don't forget to clean your belts when they are new! They still have the belt release on them and will glaze your clutches. I use Hot soapy water and a scotch bright pad. Make sure the dish soap doesn't have lotions or oils! IMG_8281.jpg

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
After I got my clutches balanced and machined at Indy Specialty it was time to instal them and alignment with the TRS-TKHS bar. Mine from the factory was way off. This is easy to do follow Tonys instructions if you haven't done it. I have a number of Polaris bars, but I like the way the TRS bar aligns with the primary on 4 points. This is an easy way to pick up some performance and extend the life you your belts! IMG_8283.jpgIMG_8284.jpgIMG_8249.jpg

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Im at about 1800 ft and I think mine came setup at 76 grams. Green/black primary, red/ light blue secondary and the helix is the trail version 62 or 66.
Mine came with the same springs. They have a number of different helix's, mine has the Mountain 1 RCTS-Full. If your swapping helix's it's a Torx T-27 not a T-25 like some use. They have thread lock and might strip. If they are hard to remove heat them up with a heat gun or a low flame propane torch. IMG_8290.jpgIMG_8288.jpgIMG_8292.jpgIMG_8289.jpg

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
Yup. I have a t27 thats well used from helix bolts lol. I always heat them up before even attempting to remove them. I am wondering about the weights though. The sled isnt even broken in yet - 80 miles or so - and with this clutching setup I can 8400 on the hard pack. Gonna try it tomorrow in some good snow. But if I need to add more weight, I have no more room for anymore magnets.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Im at about 1800 ft and I think mine came setup at 76 grams. Green/black primary, red/ light blue secondary and the helix is the trail version 62 or 66.
I hit 8350 to 8400. So will add a magnet and go from there it flat out rips ..trail weights ..turbo3 helix..160/240 spring and green primary. You can also drop the finish rate on the primary . But test in powder not on trail. I test in powder with a good load on the track cause thats when you want proper rpm

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
When your switching out your track. Add a little heavy duty vinyl to the bulk head. It will help minimize ice buildup.
I use Bleach White to clean it up. It may take a couple applications. Then a complete cleanup with alcohol.
05220B53-1B9D-4CF8-AF59-82AE6D1A4127.jpeg9666DBEF-F0DF-43E7-9153-DC6D9C4B49B8.jpeg.

Last edited:
Premium Features