• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

9R Khaos 155 into 165

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
I snowchecked a 9R, but where I live only a Khaos 155 was possible to order. Keep in mind I wanted a 9R 165 PRO but this sled will not be available in EU this winter

I am going to purchase 165 track and a set of rails and make my sled into 165, my question here is what rails should I buy? IceAge? Anything else I need to change with Iceage rails? I remember reading something in the past that they need different wheels? Is that still true?

In regards to Khaos, well I rode Khaos and I hated it, I would prefer a PRO but like I said its not possible. What can I do to make Khaos less front light? Limiter strap? Any other hints? Thank you

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Put a rmk rear shock spring in it, and a rmk limiter strap. Then it will be very close to the rmk beside the rails , but have the better shocks.

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
As far as I remember the length of the shock is different on Khaos vs PRO, that means just changing the spring will not work, I would have to modify the shock shaft.
I strongly believe that doing some suspension settings tweaking and limiter strap would get me close to PRO, am I wrong?

MDEVO

Chic Chocs Addicts
Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2011
Oshawa, ON,Canada
I snowchecked a 9R, but where I live only a Khaos 155 was possible to order. Keep in mind I wanted a 9R 165 PRO but this sled will not be available in EU this winter

I am going to purchase 165 track and a set of rails and make my sled into 165, my question here is what rails should I buy? IceAge? Anything else I need to change with Iceage rails? I remember reading something in the past that they need different wheels? Is that still true?

In regards to Khaos, well I rode Khaos and I hated it, I would prefer a PRO but like I said its not possible. What can I do to make Khaos less front light? Limiter strap? Any other hints? Thank you
I’m in a similar situation and Never liked the Axys Khaos.
I could only get a 9R 155 Khaos, but wanted a PRO.
I’m going to Fox QS3 shocks for rear skid with Lockout and will try adjusting spring rates and shorten the limiter to calm down the transfer.
I understand from some sources the Matryx Khaos does not transfer as much as the axys did.
However I cannot confirm this.
If you goto 165 you will need to change drivers and add anti stab. I’d do a 163, much easier…

Last edited:

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
I will have to change drivers when switching from 155 to 165 track? I did not know that ! It is not super difficult but certainly adds some work and cost to already expensive sled. I am super pissed that the sled I want will not be available here, what kind of stupid corporate policy is that? In fact I was looking for other solutions like possibly purchasing a 165 Pro in the US but since it was a snowcheck model it is quite difficult, not to mention warranty issues etc I am already concerned with 9R reliability, my 850 blew the rod bearing on the first ride lol

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
I will have to change drivers when switching from 155 to 165 track?
If your 155 is a 3.5" pitch Series 8 then a 165" series 8 (3.5" pitch) will mount up.
I was in the same boat in 2022. Bought a 155" Khaos BOOST.

Converted to 165" with Ice Age rails (yes, you need to get 8" rear idler wheels), and 165" track. No other parts required.

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
lllpl
If your 155 is a 3.5" pitch Series 8 then a 165" series 8 (3.5" pitch) will mount up.
I was in the same boat in 2022. Bought a 155" Khaos BOOST.

Converted to 165" with Ice Age rails (yes, you need to get 8" rear idler wheels), and 165" track. No other parts required.
Yes 2.75" Series 8
I am going to upgrade to 165 inch 2.75 track

sorry about not specifying this, ok no need to change drivers, perfect!!

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
As far as I remember the length of the shock is different on Khaos vs PRO, that means just changing the spring will not work, I would have to modify the shock shaft.
I strongly believe that doing some suspension settings tweaking and limiter strap would get me close to PRO, am I wrong?

The rear shock is the same length, it is the front track shock that is longer on the khaos. The rails have a little steeper take to them as well. I would talk to ice age about it all when you call them, but all you should need is:

the stiffer rmk rts spring
the pro-rmk profile 165” rails
165” track of the same pitch as your current 155
Pro limiter strap
8” rear wheels

Should not be needed but I would also recommend throwing an anti stab kit on as well.

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
The rear shock is the same length, it is the front track shock that is longer on the khaos. The rails have a little steeper take to them as well. I would talk to ice age about it all when you call them, but all you should need is:

the stiffer rmk rts spring
the pro-rmk profile 165” rails
165” track of the same pitch as your current 155
Pro limiter strap
8” rear wheels

Should not be needed but I would also recommend throwing an anti stab kit on as well.
Thank you for this response, it is super descriptive!! I will reach out to ice age now

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
If you have velocity shocks, the Khaos and RMK FTS are the same length.
If they are mono or piggyback WE the FTS is shorter on the RMK.
There are also different limiter strap widths and spacers related to 3.5 and 3.0 pitch suspensions.

o2bncamo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 7, 2009
wisconsin
I have a set of brand new take off rails from my 165 Pro Boost from last year. They still have the scratchers attached with the plastic over the tips.
Would gladly sell them.

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
I have a set of brand new take off rails from my 165 Pro Boost from last year. They still have the scratchers attached with the plastic over the tips.
Would gladly sell them.
please dm the price

M

MATTELL

Oct 25, 2012
I would be interested in buying your 155 track and rails that you are taking off.

D
Nov 17, 2008

Where do you live. I have a 9r pro 165 coming and might consider trading if it is feasible

Premium Features