• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Klim Powerxross.... Finger Throttle....

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
I bought a new pair of the power cross gloves in early January and have about eight rides on them, maybe nine and there’s a hole that developed in the finger from my finger throttle. Seems to be a pretty poor design as the old power cross had like a Kevlar type material on the fingers.

Anyone else had the same issue running a finger throttle? And it’s not the fingers throttles problem it’s Klims because I even have significant wear on the left side from the brake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Not to mention, all the lettering is peeling off on the top of them. I did submit a warranty claim to Klim and imagine that they’ll probably give me a new pair, but it’s just really frustrating that a glove this expensive from a reputable company only last half a season.

f036023fe9bba2bc929d8a631c61dab0.jpg

128c22137d7bbd2d2fb9d120f826e880.jpg

267662309952526fbbbad80dedb37e7c.jpg

moab11

Lifetime Membership
Feb 24, 2011
Great White North
My powerxross gloves are also loosing the lettering, I haven't had any wear issues in the fingers yet, but haven't gotten to ride much this year either.

IMO, the lettering falling off doesn't bother me, no need to advertise for klim, does look pretty bad on them though.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
My powerxross gloves are also loosing the lettering, I haven't had any wear issues in the fingers yet, but haven't gotten to ride much this year either.

IMO, the lettering falling off doesn't bother me, no need to advertise for klim, does look pretty bad on them though.

Ya, I don’t care about the lettering either. Not sure I’ll be getting a Klim onesie next... Or gloves.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Klim gloves have always been horrible. My lettering is going on my new this year ones, buddies, and other buddies. I get a year out of them before I have a hole in the palm. Then they go to work gloves, then wood stacking gloves. Then garbage. That finger wear does look odd though, did they get burned on a pipe or something? I bet Klim doesn't do a thing for you, but hope they do. Same with boots, they just don't cover them any more. "Normal wear." I have a lot of buds that have left the Klim ship for other brands due to the decreasing quality and poor warranty coverage. Heh. I had a set of one or two year old bibs that I bought new, they were leaking in the butt. I accidentally nicked the right thigh in the front with a saw, cutting a tree. Small cut. They refused to warranty them because they had a hole. The leg was dry, the ASS was wet!

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
No, no burns on the pipe that’s simply from the finger throttle and braapin. It does suck about the gloves and that they don’t last very long given Klims brand and statement they make about their gear. Klim did say that if I sent it back they would replace it essentially, but I’m not gonna send them back before the seasons over, I might as well get a few more rides out of them and I need gloves until the end of season

Premium Features