• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Khaosing a 165

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
I'm still fighting clutch/track vibration issues on the sled (still no friggin idea). I'm just gonna start throwing parts at it now. Dealer was no help and slow.

I bought some 163" Khaos rails from Iceage. Gonna run the Pro front shock and limiter for now. 3" Powerclaw. I guess if it still more planted than I like I will get Raptors (Khaos) for the rear along with the longer limiter.

I've been told dropping the front of the skid to the lower hole makes for a lighter front end as well. I just as well try that since its free.

I decided to snowcheck a 155 about 2 days after snowcheck opened. I was too late with any of the local dealers and don't feel like driving 10hrs to pick up a sled so I'm gonna keep this one for the time being. If I can't get it to be playful like I want I will try to find a Boost off the floor next winter. I've got a feeling there will be plenty.
You are going to like the PC. It chews.

F

Funzy0798

Nov 6, 2023
Colorado
How much do you weigh with your gear?
I am running:
Skis: 50 main 100 evol Front track: 15 Rear track: 130 main 150 evol Rebound: middle setting. You can run the rebound on the softest setting for more plush. I just recently moved to the middle setting as it pops the sled out of the snow better when you are doing bow-ties and hop-over
You're only running the FTS at 15 psi? seems very low. Is that on a pro or khaos? Im trying to get me floats dialed in on my khaos 163. Thanks

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
You're only running the FTS at 15 psi? seems very low. Is that on a pro or khaos? Im trying to get me floats dialed in on my khaos 163. Thanks
Ha I just responded to your other thread. 15 is all you need. The front shock doesn't do much. Just helps with transfer. That's what I run in the rear skid as I like a more tame front end as I do more technical riding than most. I can still bow tie and hop-over with the best of them on those settings.

Premium Features