• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Island Park / West Yellowstone Riding Conditions for 2023-2024

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Wish there was a way to get a rebate on my Idaho permit this year. Nearly twice the price of the Montana tag and far poorer trail conditions. With no groomers running the grooming account must be flush with cash.
they are running 3 of the 5 groomers.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Christopher, was your Fargo the ones BJ hosted?
Not a clue.
Met a group of 9 kinda-sorta lost souls on Fish Creek and led them up into some fun on Black Canyon.
Pretty sure these guys wouldn't have found any of the fun spots without someone to point them in the right direction.
SUPER NICE GUYS though!

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Pretty sure my youngest daughter was harassing them in the hotel hot tub that night. They started it by making fun of her Arctic Cat, then as discussion continued they realized she was far more capable than them.
Pretty entertaining hearing them tell me they got schooled.

M7sleddn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
Twin Falls, Id
I have never been with a guide. Ridden IP since I was 14 years old with my dad. High mountain adventures rents snowmobiles and they have guides. They are by Robbins roost. Seem like great people. We rented snowmobiles from them presidents day weekend.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Haven’t been there in winter since 2015, may need to again.
for pure majestic beauty, its mighty hard to bear.
And like you, I hadn't been there in a LOOOONG time either.
I spend most of my riding time in the northern part of IP.
But I honestly had a really good time riding the southern part this week.

M7sleddn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
Twin Falls, Id
Had a fun week. Rode green canyon Thursday, island park Friday and Pomerelle Saturday. Trails are a little rough in island park. One of the guys we rode with in island park just turned 91. We went up the black canyon loop and rode the park line. We had to stay on pretty mellow terrain with a 91 year old. It is amazing that he can take the pounding of the trails like that. It was really hard not to go and ride black canyon but I can't go in there by myself.

Premium Features