• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Island Park Snow Conditions (21-22 season)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
That sucks. Ive got a group of 6 that will be in Island Park starting Sunday for a week. No snow in the forecast is not what i was hoping for.
So
Spent the day riding IP yesterday with another SW member.

MUCH to my surprise, we did NOT find Nasty, Crusty, Hard Snow.

Ya, most everything in the open is TRACKED OUT, hard and fast.
But.
Just as soon as we got back into the trees we found 3-4 of reasonably soft snow to play in all day long.

Did not find ANY CRUST anywhere..
It really wasn't a bad day at all.
I had expected it to be on the UGLY side and was very pleasantly surprised otherwise!:)

brantd

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2010
So
Spent the day riding IP yesterday with another SW member.

MUCH to my surprise, we did NOT find Nasty, Crusty, Hard Snow.

Ya, most everything in the open is TRACKED OUT, hard and fast.
But.
Just as soon as we got back into the trees we found 3-4 of reasonably soft snow to play in all day long.

Did not find ANY CRUST anywhere..
It really wasn't a bad day at all.
I had expected it to be on the UGLY side and was very pleasantly surprised otherwise!:)
Hey Chris,where's a good place to stay,being able to ride out from?in the past years i stayed with a buddy at lazy acres.potentially coming out next week friday.

brantd

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2010
how about sawtell?wed like to be closer to town and its just 2 of us,so we dont need a cabin.

brantd

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2010
They do a good job of putting you more or less in the middle of things, and are very accomodating of RIDE IN and OUT.
right on,i booked there.showing up friday,leaving tuesday.i dont know the IP area all that well.ive always ridden from lazy acres and that got us mostly right into the technical.this trip is the better half and myself,so milder terrain is what im hoping to find as this is her 2cnd time in the mountains.she does extremely well,just not ready yet for the super technical.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
right on,i booked there.showing up friday,leaving tuesday.i dont know the IP area all that well.ive always ridden from lazy acres and that got us mostly right into the technical.this trip is the better half and myself,so milder terrain is what im hoping to find as this is her 2cnd time in the mountains.she does extremely well,just not ready yet for the super technical.
Island Park is a great place to introduce someone to recreational mountain riding.
And right now you have nothing but HERO SNOW and pretty great weather.
So playing the trees will be a good experience for a new mountain rider.

mrooks17

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2021
Ohio
Snowflakes popping up on my phone app for Island Park this coming week! We are coming in from Ohio Feb 27th...rumor has it, its going to dump starting this week....positive thoughts!

Premium Features