• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Island Park 20/21 Snow Conditions

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
word to the wise. STAY OUT OF THE PARK. my buddy had his court date today. he was able to do it over the phone along with 14 other violators, the judge talked to all 15 at the same time and they all got the same fines and fees that added up to $3500 each plus $2000 for a laywer for my buddy. my buddy was only in the park by a half block and another guys was in by 7,5 miles. the attorney did tell him that they have and can take his sled after the fact even thou its in mn. my son was with him and turned around right at the sign otherwise he would of got it too. we figure that they only patrol when there is fresh snow so they can take pics for evidence.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
word to the wise. STAY OUT OF THE PARK. my buddy had his court date today. he was able to do it over the phone along with 14 other violators, the judge talked to all 15 at the same time and they all got the same fines and fees that added up to $3500 each plus $2000 for a laywer for my buddy. my buddy was only in the park by a half block and another guys was in by 7,5 miles. the attorney did tell him that they have and can take his sled after the fact even thou its in mn. my son was with him and turned around right at the sign otherwise he would of got it too. we figure that they only patrol when there is fresh snow so they can take pics for evidence.
thats a BEAR
There are PLENTY of places where it is absolutely NOT MAKRED and can be a real challenge to determine where the line is...

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Rode Bishop Mtn. yesterday, about as good as it gets. great base with about 2' sitting on top, one of the best rides of the season for sure. With that said, looking at an extended warm up later this week, snows gonna set up fast, better call in sick and hit the Pow while you can

FL_NOLE

Premium Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hows the snow right now? Would it even be worth going up tomorrow or should I just get out the dirt bike?
Just got back from riding out there thur/fri, and there was still some decent snow in the trees around back canyon. Everything was hard and frozen over in the am, with a decent time around 10-1 after that everything was fairly wet and mushy. Most open area are riden over bad but the trails in and out were holding up well.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

6-12″ of Snow Possible For Grand Targhee This Weekend​

Forecast Summary:

A shortwave trough will move through the Northern Rockies this weekend, possibly bringing 6-12″ of snow to the Tetons, WY.
This will lead to heavy snowfall at times for Grand Targhee this weekend.
Another system is possible early next week before conditions dry out in the extended.

Wednesday-Friday:

Pretty quiet weather is expected in the short-term as high pressure dominates the overall pattern.
The is a slight chance for some showers today, but these will be pretty light if they do form.

Saturday-Tuesday:

Through the weekend a shortwave trough will move through the northern Rockies, possibly bringing 6-12″ of snow to the Tetons, WY.

This will be due to a moist southwest flow that will develop, slamming into the Teton Range and Grand Targhee.
Snow will develop very late Friday night and continue through the weekend.
By Monday, conditions will generally clear out before another system will move through Tuesday.
Snowfall totals are not certain at this time for that system.

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Yeah, we're getting steady snow today, maybe looking at 6" + at the lots? Pretty heavy stuff, I'm done riding, my sled's going on the trailer tomorrow for the long haul up to AK. Leaving on the 2cnd, looks like I'll get a couple rides in up there if the conditions stay as good as it appear to be now

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Good Luck Ww....

Going to greatly miss your accurate and on the ground snow reports, been a big asset to my family getting up the Ashton grade between closures a few times.
Made for some great powder trips instead of being on the wrong side of the road closure.

Always good to have an on the spot report vs a lot of might be and maybe it will.

Thanks and wish you well.

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Thanks dude... with that said, we got a pretty good little dumping here, Probably around 8-10 at the lot, I'll take an educated guess and say there's probably close to 18-24 up high and it's currently blue bird. Enjoy !!

Premium Features