• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is Silber the only company out so far with a can for Gen5 turbo?

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
Bikeman has them available. Flow tested. They used my g5 to fit it so I should have a sound clip within the coming days!

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
Well although I agree with you 100% some will not lol . But if your wanting to try a muffler the diamond s is a close 2nd to stock but I can’t justify 1000$ by the time we convert our dollar, shipping, duties.

Is it really that close to stock? They make the same claims as the other companies they just attach a bigger price tag to it and guys buy into the fluff they spew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E
Dec 15, 2015
Hayden, Idaho
Is it really that close to stock? They make the same claims as the other companies they just attach a bigger price tag to it and guys buy into the fluff they spew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I feel like the Diamond S I have on my NA 19 RMK is only a couple db max over stock. I have received comments on the non-obnoxious tone it produces. This is subjective however having never had and actual db meter on it.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
ANybody figure out how you're supposed to re-route the EGT sensor "behind the chain case" ...? I can't seem to figure this out and their instructions show basically the opposite of what my sled is built like.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I believe it’s behind the shot module. Thats how mine said to route it anyways.

IDK, the picture on their website shows it going towards the front of the chain case.

G5Muffler2_1512x.jpg

I don't see how to do this? Do you have to re-route the main SHOT harness the EGT sensor connector is wound with as well?

I emailed Silber to ask if he had any more details or pictures or install video on this, I don't wanna go f*cking around and screw something up trying to make thsi work, I don't need a cooker can that bad ... lol

T
Dec 25, 2022
Idaho
I have the silber can. You reroute the cable.
1st take probe out and unplug it. 2nd take the wire out of the white clip or as I did just pop the clip out with the wire still in it. 3rd feed probe wire from the front side towards the chain case. You will be running them by the coolant hoses behinde the breather part of the chain case. I used flexible claw to grab the wire. 4th plug it back in and then pull the slack back towards the front of the sled. Then you are able to put the probe in.

20230118_183909.jpg 20230118_184218.jpg 20230118_184237.jpg 20230118_184322.jpg

T
Dec 25, 2022
Idaho
It doesn't go behind the shot module. I tried that. Yes the instructions are crap. It took me an hour to figure it out. You will Have to wait to feed the probe down to the muffler after you pull all the slack to the front first.

Premium Features