• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ANYONE have any Experience with this? 2020-24 Skidoo Gen 4 / 5 Lynx Raiden 850 Turbo Vari-Sound Muffler

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Resized-Website-1.jpg

2020-24 Skidoo Gen 4 / 5 Lynx Raiden 850 Turbo Vari-Sound Muffler​

$799.95

Introducing the Straightline Performance Ski-Doo 850 Turbo Vari-Sound Muffler: Experience the Perfect Blend of Stealth and Power!

Are you ready to redefine your snowmobiling experience? Look no further than our Ski-Doo 850 Turbo Vari-Sound Muffler. This groundbreaking exhaust system allows you to seamlessly switch between two worlds – the hushed stock sound and the thunderous roar of a wide-open exhaust. With the power to control your ride’s auditory personality at your fingertips, adventure awaits at the push of a button.

Key Features:

1. Whisper-Quiet to Thunderous Roar: Our Vari-Sound Muffler lets you enjoy the best of both worlds. When you’re craving the stealthy, stock-like serenity, engage the quiet mode. But when the adrenaline calls for a thunderous declaration, unleash the full roar of your Ski-Doo 850 Turbo’s power with just the push of a button.

2. Instant Gratification: No need to wrestle with complex installations or struggle with cumbersome adjustments. The Vari-Sound Muffler is designed with the customer in mind, using stock mounting locations, and pulling power from the snowmobiles accessory plug. No modifications necessary.

3. Unmatched Performance: Beyond its sound-shifting capabilities, this muffler is precision-engineered to boost your Ski-Doo 850 Turbo’s performance. Experience the thrill of unleashed horsepower, whether you’re carving up fresh powder or blazing trails through the snow-covered wilderness.

4. Quality You Can Trust: Crafted from high-quality materials and built to withstand the rigors of winter, the Vari-Sound Muffler is a testament to durability and reliability. Trust that it will stand up to the most challenging snowmobiling adventures, season after season.

5. Stylish Design: With its sleek and modern design, this muffler not only enhances your snowmobile’s performance but also elevates its visual appeal. Turn heads on the trails and be the envy of fellow riders with the perfect combination of form and function.

Revolutionize your snowmobiling experience with the Straightline Performance Ski-Doo 850 Turbo Vari-Sound Muffler. Seamlessly transition between the serene and the wild, all while enjoying the undeniable power and style that comes with it.

Don’t wait any longer – get your Ski-Doo 850 Turbo Vari-Sound Muffler today and embark on the journey of a lifetime!

COATINGStainless Steel
HP GAINSame as Stock
WEIGHT LOSS4lbs
CLUTCHING REQUIREMENTSNone
FUEL REQUIREMENTSNone
SOUND LEVELTrail Muffler & Race Muffler

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Isn’t that a new product for this year?

For 1100 bucks Canadian I will buy a Jaws pipe. Wow, that’s expensive for a muffler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Isn’t that a new product for this year?

For 1100 bucks Canadian I will buy a Jaws pipe. Wow, that’s expensive for a muffler.

Today was the first mention I have ever seen of it.
Have to admit, REALLY liked the idea of a dual tone chamber.
Seen those on Cars, but never on a sled.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
800 bucks to lose 4 lbs?
the ad says it's unleashes performance but then states a 0 hp gain.
"stylish design" for a part that no one will see.
will likely void the warranty as any other aftermarket can on a turbo
what's the point?
they will sell all they can make.

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
800 bucks to lose 4 lbs?
the ad says it's unleashes performance but then states a 0 hp gain.
"stylish design" for a part that no one will see.
will likely void the warranty as any other aftermarket can on a turbo
what's the point?
they will sell all they can make.
TWO TONE SOUND CONTROL as far as I can tell.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
How can you make such a statement? I don't doubt stock runs good but you spout off like you have personally dynoed all mufflers ever made. Stock works best to achieve maximun weight, that statement I can accept.

Personal history with aftermarket mufflers and talking to guys who actually dyno them.
Aftermarket mufflers makes better HP on a cold pipe, most dynos cannot handle a long pull on them. On a heat soaked pipe, the stock made more HP than the aftermarket, I only know of one muffler brand than maintains HP on a hot pipe.

I could write a long post on my personal experience with aftermarket mufflers and what I did to resolve the issues, but their cons are way more than the pros, so why bother.

We as sledders are our own worse enemies, don’t use the sled out of the box and change lots of parts before the sled leaves the dealer. Clutching does not lie either.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Personal history with aftermarket mufflers and talking to guys who actually dyno them.
Aftermarket mufflers makes better HP on a cold pipe, most dynos cannot handle a long pull on them. On a heat soaked pipe, the stock made more HP than the aftermarket, I only know of one muffler brand than maintains HP on a hot pipe.

I could write a long post on my personal experience with aftermarket mufflers and what I did to resolve the issues, but their cons are way more than the pros, so why bother.

We as sledders are our own worse enemies, don’t use the sled out of the box and change lots of parts before the sled leaves the dealer. Clutching does not lie either.

PLEASE
WRITE THE LONG POST!!!!!

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
PLEASE
WRITE THE LONG POST!!!!!

I can, not sure what vendors are sponsored here. I have tried alot of aftermarket mufflers over the years, I went through 4 in one season. It would involve mentioning company names.

I will focus on the positive, with one brand, and forgo the negative on the others.
Diamond S muffler works, doesn’t loose HP on a dyno when pushed hard, thats the performance side. Now on the reliability side I have found that the underhood temps increase dramatically without insulation, and have found that wrapping the muffler in header wrap and sealing it keeps the heat in the muffler better and reduces the tinny sound of it.
Unfortunately, That goes for any type of aftermarket muffler, ceramic included, I have wrapped lots of mufflers on a Doo, to reduce the underhood temps, I have done this muffler wrap on buddies sleds and they have noticed the difference in the reduced heat, and steam from under the hood.
I have been roasted on forums before bringing these points up, another negative to a aftermarket muffler is it throws the side to side balance of the sled off, and the front suspension needs to be adjusted accordingly to try to compensate for the weight loss.

I have gone as far as riding my sled with the stock muffler for half the day, ripping back to the truck, mounting a aftermarket one on to test it same day same hill, short trail of course, lol.
These days I just want to ride and I stick with what works, I know stock mufflers work very well. Plus I am getting older, I do not enjoy the sound of a aftermarket muffler, even tho this one from straightline is super cool and innovative, for the price of it, thats a nice 5 day trip to revy for me.

Premium Features