• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Indy Dan Long Rod Motor

C
Sep 2, 2014
Milbank, SD
I have a 2011 pro rmk 800 and last year the motor laid down on me. Cracked cylinder wall and put hole in the case. Needless to say I'm going to put a Indy Dan Long Rod motor in. Just looking for other experiences with this motor. Has anyone had any issues? Any noticeable power difference?
Thanks

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
Put one in my 11 after it threw the piston skirt through the bottom of the engine. Great engine, and at the time Dan was offering it for $2500 exchange! I felt it was very strong and a noticeable improvement over stock. You will like it.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
The difference of a well blueprinted and professionally assembled motor is real, lots of great examples out there. Unfortunately, getting one from the factory is just plain luck.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Me and my brother both have long rod motors.
Run strong and pull 2 grams more weight per arm with the same brand weight and all other clutching/gearing/track details being the same.
No issues that were not caused by me. :)

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Same story here. Plus Dan's customer service and knowledge is unbelievable. Send him your clutches too!

I wouldn't let anyone else on the planet touch my motor. Well, except TRS.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Same story here. Plus Dan's customer service and knowledge is unbelievable. Send him your clutches too!

I wouldn't let anyone else on the planet touch my motor. Well, except TRS.

Amen! X2; I'm a believer! A truer statement has likely never been posted on this forum.

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
I tried to increase compression and it would not work, I worked with Dan to see if it could handle some more but anything we tried set it into DET.

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
Love his motors, it's the cost effective way to go with a motor with your damage and the fastest turn around time too!

Make sure you double check all your wires before you but the new one back it. It's way easier to find a wire harness issue then instead of once it's back in.

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
DET

How much of an increase? What head setup?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Never got around to changing the head, Dan had me do some testing with lower octane fuels to see how much room if any we had for increasing compression. This engine wanted nothing to do with anything under 91 octane, we have pretty poor fuel here so I left it as is.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Oh ok, I run 110 or av in a mix so 91 octane doesn't limit me. I actually wanted to go more than 13.6, he said he would tighten it up a little. Not sure yet how its responded to the changes.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

D
Nov 26, 2007
Prior Lake, MN
Ran his motor all last year and it runs way harder and way smoother than any other pro in our group. His customer service is unreal!!!

I heard a story from a customer that had a motor go down on the first day of a trip and Dan had a new motor on the way to him that day. He shipped it overnight and the guy only missed one day of riding. I can about guarantee that no other engine shop out there would do this, especially in the power sports industry.

I would never hesitate to biz with Dan again!!

Premium Features