• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 pro rmk not steering correctly in pow

J
Mar 1, 2023
Sweden
Hello. I have a 2011 pro rmk 155", oem 39" frontend and a Talon m66 track. Clutch-kit. No other mods.

The trouble i have is that i can´t get the damn thing to steer while on edge in deep/pow conditions. It just goes in a straight line like an arrow no matter how much i lean in and countersteer. So the only option is to slow down and steer "normal".
I know how to steer in the loose snow. I´ve ridden multiple Polaris sleds, old & new, short & long. And i have had no issues doing 360s on them in the snow. It´s just this one sled something is wrong with, and i can´t figure it out.

As stated earlier everything is pretty much stock. IFS shocks are set to standard preload. Center shock is cranked up a bit and the rear shock is standard preload. No difference even with standard preload on the center.
The track runs straight and the sled is not warped in any way. It has quite some miles on it, maybe the IFS shocks are due for a renovation? The center and rear are newly renovated.

Toe out is set 'correct' by the straight edge method. Camber looks okay by eye.

Does anyone have a guess or idea whats wrong with this sled? Much appreciated.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
If it is pulled over its center of gravity it will want to turn in the direction of the lean so what you are saying makes no sense. Even if the ski skags (wear bars) are very worn or non-existant, it should still turn if leaned enough and some power applied. It is true that a Polaris is not a great sled for steering around flat but ride it agressively on one ski and it will spin donuts.

The aftermarket track may hook up better and make it "push" in a straight line more than the stock track. If this is the case, you may need to soften the front track shock and this will put more weight on the skis.

J
Mar 1, 2023
Sweden
If it is pulled over its center of gravity it will want to turn in the direction of the lean so what you are saying makes no sense. Even if the ski skags (wear bars) are very worn or non-existant, it should still turn if leaned enough and some power applied. It is true that a Polaris is not a great sled for steering around flat but ride it agressively on one ski and it will spin donuts.

The aftermarket track may hook up better and make it "push" in a straight line more than the stock track. If this is the case, you may need to soften the front track shock and this will put more weight on the skis.
Yes, it is very weird. I tried my buddies -13 pro rmk with the same kind of track and it turned perfectly fine.
I have also tried messing around with the front track shock settings as well as the rear.

So i am out of ideas on this peculiar problem.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Yes, it is very weird. I tried my buddies -13 pro rmk with the same kind of track and it turned perfectly fine.
I have also tried messing around with the front track shock settings as well as the rear.

So i am out of ideas on this peculiar problem.
Set it up exactly the same as your buddies. If it does not ride the same you might be dealing with a collapsed rear shock. (no gas pressure).

You can test it by removing it and taking the spring off. It should stretch out strong on its own.

Premium Features