• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How about some ride reports form guys that have the new boost

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
Double fail ends in triumph..... No shovel required when I caught a snow loaded tree in the shoulder and clipped a second tree. Video flattens out the pitch. I came to a stop pointed uphill in deep snow. IceAge Hellfire 9" wheels allowed me to back up and make another run at it. Patriot Boost just works.

2022 Khaos Boost 155 — stretched to 165 on Ice Age Rails and 9” Ice Age Hellfire wheels.

#Polarisambassador #klimambassador #auburnextremepowersports #polarissnow #prormk #rmk #rmkKhaos #khaos #sleds #slednecks #missingdigitmotors #trsperformanceinc #burlybmfab
@polarissnow @Klim @mtnops

After adding the 9 in wheels. How close are your rails to the track. I have stock rails and my rails are really close to the track, is that normal with a new track and 9" wheels

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
What is the clutch engagement RPM on the Boost? What RPM are they spinning?

B
Feb 17, 2019
Anybody else notice in that Burant video above (post #40) his sled was hitting 8,600 to 8,650 during most of his wide open sections. Does that seem a bit high? I seem to remember Bikemans dyno showed best Hp of 195 at closer to 8,000. I know it wasn’t 8,600. Hummm??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Anybody else notice in that Burant video above (post #40) his sled was hitting 8,600 to 8,650 during most of his wide open sections. Does that seem a bit high? I seem to remember Bikemans dyno showed best Hp of 195 at closer to 8,000. I know it wasn’t 8,600. Hummm??

Just keep anything bikeman far from you and your life will be happy………

Including the dyno results……..

Flatland snake oil at best.

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership

Normally aspirated 850 motors like rpm way more than the 800s did. 8500 worked really well. My Boost has been turning 8550 and also is working really well.

J
Dec 15, 2021
Victor
Dyno results are likely pretty accurate, as far as where the sled is making peak HP. That said, all of Joey's dynos he lets off at like 8350...so don't take the drop off seriously at all. Its fairly flat from 8000-8500. Here is the hypothesis on pushing to the tail end of the RPM curve within reason... Caveat, we're really splitting hairs here. Keep that in mind. What I'm about to describe isn't going to matter for 99% of the riders (myself included).

1) Even a well setup secondary will still take a split second to backshift (where you lose RPM)
2) You probably won't hurt anything around 8500-8600 (blipping to 8700)
3) You are only 1% off of peak HP (if that) at 8600.

When your sled hits some kind of heavier load (steeper bit of hill) and loses a tiny bit of RPM while the sled backshifts (8500 down to 8250) you are at worst losing zero power and at best gaining 1%. This keeps the sled charging up the line or doing whatever you were trying to do in a seamless way. You don't even notice. On the flip side, if the sled were to backshift and you lost 250 RPM from 8000 down to 7750, you would be more apt to notice, and the sled would in fact be down a more material amount of HP.

Plus there is the added benefit of more spool left in the crank when you let off and quickly get back on it (high RPM vs "lower high RPM").

YMMV

ratlover

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 6, 2021
Central IL
Totally apples to apples comparing diesel truck pulling and a 2 stroke snowmobile I know but the beginning part of a run starts with you spinning WAY past peak power so once the load ramps up you get pulled down into your powerband. So what your saying makes sense. What RPM typically starts getting hard on hard parts though?

ridesummit

Premium Member
Jan 24, 2022
I have a new boost with about 50 miles on it. Having a hard time adjusting. Its a 165 with E start. I also have 165 axys and 155 2021 axys. The front seems so heavy seems very heavy on boost with E start. When counter steering it seems to break and dive for me. I rode my buddy's 155 slash and completely different. His Sled rides like axys but smoother. I have shocks set on soft with a sway bar still in and ski in the middle setting. Any input or suggestions. I may take fox EVOL of 19 and try on boost

ridesummit

Premium Member
Jan 24, 2022
The only other issue is glove box fills with snow. I have bought liner but no help the seal around 7s not good

66456821694__D7388599-663D-4368-A358-3FDF8F21C291.HEIC.jpeg 66466810824__F2BD038A-5D6C-418C-895E-541A69DF1CD4.jpeg

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I have a new boost with about 50 miles on it. Having a hard time adjusting. Its a 165 with E start. I also have 165 axys and 155 2021 axys. The front seems so heavy seems very heavy on boost with E start. When counter steering it seems to break and dive for me. I rode my buddy's 155 slash and completely different. His Sled rides like axys but smoother. I have shocks set on soft with a sway bar still in and ski in the middle setting. Any input or suggestions. I may take fox EVOL of 19 and try on boost
It’s waaaayyyy more nose heavy.

Plain and simple.

Adjust shocks, lightweight hood, lightweight battery, lightweight exhaust.

Delete E start?

Start buying other lightweight parts for the front end?

ridesummit

Premium Member
Jan 24, 2022
It’s waaaayyyy more nose heavy.

Plain and simple.

Adjust shocks, lightweight hood, lightweight battery, lightweight exhaust.

Delete E start?

Start buying other lightweight parts for the front end?
that's my plan hopefully ! I already have a lithium battery. I bet the hood with the display is double the weight of 19 axys with PIDD. Gonna put fox shocks and look for a can. The big issue is so much mass/weight on the right side of the sled. thanks for the input.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Or you can drop some acid, smoke a bunch of weed, call it a Danforth, and list it for sale on Craigslist. Then you can go back to an Axys that has an over priced after market clutch kit, suspension, and find a welder to cut the tunnel like some of the weirdos on this forum would do...

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Or you can drop some acid, smoke a bunch of weed, call it a Danforth, and list it for sale on Craigslist. Then you can go back to an Axys that has an over priced after market clutch kit, suspension, and find a welder to cut the tunnel like some of the weirdos on this forum would do...

You are almost correct Chilly. Don’t drop acid, place it under your tongue. Leave the weed for your Canadian and California buddies that smoke endlessly. But definitely dump the Danforth. Early on, Chilly properly educated all of us that this sled is a boat anchor. One of our other forum experts told us before riding a Slash #TeamTCCSAxys was as good. Turns out it’s better and they were right.
Listen to these experts, sure glad I did. No sense in participating in (additional) human experiments that have failed and ruin your friendships with endless riding failures and poor fuel economy. It might not be safe. This way, you won’t waste your government Covid handouts or your trust funds that you have worked so hard for.

Premium Features