• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Horse Power????

K

kodpkd

Nov 28, 2007
Loveland, CO
Everybody is waiting for the HP of the new 800 sleds... Seems the Ski-doo is coming in around 164 hp ish.... The PO seems to be a big secret..... The little birds out there are saying as little as 135 hp... OUCH... Anybody??

Last edited:
K

kodpkd

Nov 28, 2007
Loveland, CO
hp

No not lost.. Just wondering how the 3 sleds will work.. Seems the EPA has tested all the sleds.. DOO 157 HP, POO 132 HP, CAT 147 HP.. It will be an interesting year..

G
Apr 23, 2008
the polaris will seize when riddin hard in the midrange and be overich at wide open as usual.

the cat makes much more than that, and runs well, just the chassis falls apart..

the doo is running well, the tra will bind and wear out early , the tracks will delaminate and we'll all wait for 2012 to fix the same old problems over and over againn..:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-ton

welcome to snowmobiling and politics,, same old story for 100 yrs.:yawn:

Gustapo.

K

kodpkd

Nov 28, 2007
Loveland, CO
The numbers that I found are not my opinion... They are straight off the EPA web sight.. All tests done on the same machine, at the same temps. I am sure others will get different numbers,,, but they will all come in with about the same ratios.. from DOO to POO to CAT.. I do hope POO has fixed the engine blowing up issue.. I run out of a pretty good shop,, I have never heard of any of our tracks coming apart.. We do have to rebuild our clutched after a few miles.. I guess if we detuned them to only have 140 HP the clutches would last a lot longer..

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Everybody is waiting for the HP of the new 800 sleds... Seems the Ski-doo is coming in around 164 hp ish.... The PO seems to be a big secret..... The little birds out there are saying as little as 135 hp... OUCH... Anybody??

LOL you E Tec guys are funny, You would have thought Ski doo put a turbo on the E tec from factory as much as everyone has hyped them up:lol:

K

kodpkd

Nov 28, 2007
Loveland, CO
I rode with 2 ETEC's today.. 130 miles... You are right... They doo run like they have a turbo... Stronger than you might think.. They are going to be fun.. I have a ported strong running 08 XP.. The ETEC's haven't turned over the computer yet... They are right with me,, UGH! Strong..

S

SuperBad

Banned
Oct 31, 2010
LOL you E Tec guys are funny, You would have thought Ski doo put a turbo on the E tec from factory as much as everyone has hyped them up:lol:

No kidding! I don't understand why guys are hoping for the Polaris guys to have a low HP sled. Or for their sled to blow. Are people that insecure? I ride with guys with all makes and have a Doo and Po myself. Do you guys really think the Polaris is going to have less than 140 hp? C'mon...I don't think the new Pro will have any problems being in the 150's with a fuel controller. I hope all the sleds produce good numbers. Everyone that bought new sleds deserve it. I guess you can compete by paper HP numbers if you want. I do mine on the hill.

K

kodpkd

Nov 28, 2007
Loveland, CO
What?

Nobody said anything about wishing the poo would blow up here.. I hope they all run well. Just looking for correct info on all the sleds.. Good luck..

Last edited:

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
I rode with 2 ETEC's today.. 130 miles... You are right... They doo run like they have a turbo... Stronger than you might think.. They are going to be fun.. I have a ported strong running 08 XP.. The ETEC's haven't turned over the computer yet... They are right with me,, UGH! Strong..

You have obviously never ridden a turbo sled

S
Jul 28, 2008
Logan utah
i have a 07 rev 800R and we were riding last saturday and ran into a e-tec and a new cat well my buddys have the new polaris and it was who ever got the start got the win i think they are all dead even tell you get on a hill that is then i would like to see them line up

Premium Features