• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

hey, coolant tanks?

T
Nov 2, 2014
plus.google.com
Hi.

So I'm very new here and also not a owner but been thinking about buying a used 2012 1100. Been skimming through the forums and getting a list together for what I want and what needs to be done to the machine.

I'm a bit hung up on the coolant tank. Is this a real big problem for people or just a little inconvenience. Most sites I'm lookino at don't have a aftermarket replacement.

Also th is might sound odd but can anyone source me a picture of the tank.

Thanks
TR

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
It's not a little inconvenient when your sixty miles from no where and it splits open, it's majorly inconvenient. Six or so hoses to unplug, frame bars to remove or just get pissed like it did and snap off the mounts and then try to weld plastic back together with a hair dryer and a bic ink pen tube only for it to not work. Sled is gone and I still get pizzed about that shoddy design.

kdawg

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
It is usually the end of your day of riding. I was able to drive mine out though. It has been recommended on here to use a soldering iron or hot screwdriver and melt the seams on the tanks. I did that with my new tank and so far so good (2 years and counting). Once you squeeze the throttle on this sled at 9000' you'll be happy with your choice even with the bugs.

feetsbig

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
B.C.
do a search,plenty of info on how to weld em up.unfortunately no one to my knowledge is buiding a better one aftermarket.the 14 ones were identical to the 2012.p-poor .and sucks when they let go!!

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Yep 2 years now on mine and have not touched it- boils alot when shut off- and trying to still find a lower PSI cap.....
Alot to get to that bottle just to try to weld the seam when your has not shown any signs.....
Bought a used on off ebay and haven't got it yet- so.. hope not to jinx myself.

All in all - great sled- strong runner and ALWAYS put a smile on your face:face-icon-small-coo

Last edited:
Premium Features