• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HEATING An Enclosed Trailer ???

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
R
Mar 20, 2003
Great Falls MT
We had the procom working up in lincoln, we sat in the trailer the trailer after snowmobiling for about and hour. Then i left the heater run all the way home it was about a 2 hour trip home because of the roads. it was nice and hot in there when we got to greatfalls so im am really impressed once again

A
Dec 8, 2007
IMO!! If you are going to use your trailer for sleeping, ALLWAYS use a forced air furnace that vents outside!! I believe that RISKIT started this thread to warm a trailer!! IMO there is not a safe way to sleep with any gas venting into a closed space. But of course, you could always start a campfire and use the rocks as a pillow.;):beer;:beer;

I agree . Whats your life worth, a couple of extra bucks ? go with a forced air furnace. When I get home Ill try and post some photos. Its also nice to have hot air blown on wet cloths and gloves.

F

force it in

Dec 18, 2007
installed the blue flame last year regreted it becouse bad smell after several hours now have radeant and no smell will sell my blue flame for just about any offer lol get the ranent. i know bad spelling northern tool . com

R
Mar 20, 2003
Great Falls MT
No smell in my trailer. And we were up bigsky by bozeman in the carrot basin parking lot,it was super cold like -15 below on 1-4-09 and the heater ran for 3 hours. and then i left it on all the way down the hill to bozeman never shut off or anything so i am still very impressed with mine. Still on same bottle of propane about half gone 30lb so you can all say what you want but for 89 bucks LOVE IT

F

force it in

Dec 18, 2007
3 hours big deal i leave mine on all day so its warm when i get back from a big day then part of night glad you like your blue flame if you want to buy my used blue ill sell it cheap. im tring to help other guys out buy the radent you will be happy

P
Jan 21, 2008
Rathdrum, N. Idaho
Infrared

[/COLOR] And also im still looking for someone that can tell me witch one is better the infared or the blue flame [/QUOTE]

Infared from what I have learned, If you are goin to put sleds in and turn on heat. Blue flame can cause possible ignition. Infrared is safer against fuel vapor. I got a big buddy 18,000 btu for my 27' insulated trailer and it is poopoo, heats ua up, but, don't dry out the trailer. I am lookin towards the infrared

E
Apr 11, 2002
North Idaho
I also have the big buddy and do not think it does very well at drying things out or even warming up the trailer. I thought that the big buddy was radient heat that is why I was looking at the blue flame.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
pro com works great the only time I get the smell is when the bottle gets low.

A
Jan 10, 2008
i think the blue flame is better just my opion heats my trailer great and also no smell in my either they do produce a little moisture, but cheap wait to keep tailer warm to have a beer out of the cold

Premium Features