• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hand/Thumb warmers not working

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
None of my warmers work. No wiring is broke and everything is connected with dielectric grease. Testing it in the garage yesterday on track stand so it was above idle for them to work, and got nothing. The switch is seated tight to the elec plug. The high beams on the LED's work. So don't know what it could be. I doubt all the warmers just broke at the same time. Figure it must be the relay. Does anyone know where/which relay it is for the warmers? I know it's under warranty, but would like to try to fix it and not drive an hour to me closest dealer.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Mine went out on my sks first thing that went was the hand warmers then the head light and tail light started blinking but sled ran great yet.

D
Oct 13, 2008
Check where wires come off bars and go into the hood. Just below where bars mount to post. There is a sharp aluminum edge right there that rubs through wiring. Dealer noticed it on mine and fixed it. They were starting to arc, and burn through. Still worked though.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
They look good. My dealer is ordering the switch. Says they have been going bad. Guess we'll see...

Khaotic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Are the lights stobing or brights not coming on? If so I would say capacitor and or regulator. Have them check both!

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Well put a new switch in, held R's to 3400rpm and still no hand/thumb warmers. Now my high beams on the LED's aren't working either. So guessing it's the voltage Reg now?

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
Not sure if the regulator is the same as the 15 Pro's, if it is I got an extra one if you need it.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Check where wires come off bars and go into the hood. Just below where bars mount to post. There is a sharp aluminum edge right there that rubs through wiring. Dealer noticed it on mine and fixed it. They were starting to arc, and burn through. Still worked though.

Everybody needs to check this area. My brake light quit working and found that it had worn through.

M

minus40

Oct 22, 2001
Well put a new switch in, held R's to 3400rpm and still no hand/thumb warmers. Now my high beams on the LED's aren't working either. So guessing it's the voltage Reg now?

Check the capacitors, that was the issue with mine. Same symptoms

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
So new switch, voltage reg, and capacitor. Still no warmers or high beams... what should voltage at switch wires be?

M

minus40

Oct 22, 2001
So new switch, voltage reg, and capacitor. Still no warmers or high beams... what should voltage at switch wires be?

Thought for sure it would a capacitor. It was easy to to find as one of the six tested bad. Hope you find the issue

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
It was one of the Song Chuan relays 35A/20A. I forgot which one was replaced under warranty last time. So when mine popped again this year I replaced all 3 of them. There is one in the pouch by the voltage reg, and 2 in front of the steering column. One of those has a different part #. I bought like 12 of them online for around $2.40 ea just to have around so I don't have to get them from my dealer across the country.

B
Dec 2, 2001
Billings, MT
I just had a similar issue. My warmers work on low. My high beams and low beams work, but when I turn my warmers on high my headlights and tail lights flash on and off. So might this be a voltage reg. or capacitor?

Premium Features