• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

No headlight, highbeam or hand warmers on 16 rmk

S
Just got my 2016 rmk back from dealer after recall fix. The headlight is not turning on, the grips are not heating and the high beam is not working. I decided to swap relays around after reading to see if it was possibly a bad relay. So one relay is bad because in the dash does not work in one of the times i swap relays. Can someone tell me what relay controls each circuit? Also does anyone know how I can diagnose the problem. It seems to me I have 2 circuits, chassis power and load shed relay not working. I found one 2 Amp fuse above the clutch and it was not blown. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
Does your dash turn on ? Check if the hood harness is plugged in ? Exhaust side, under hood.
Grips and high beams....dealer probably missed plugging them in at the tank shroud switches. Check these areas out.
Did you have issues with these before it went in for a recall ?

Last edited:
S
Does your dash turn on ? Check if the hood harness is plugged in ? Exhaust side, under hood.
Grips and high beams....dealer probably missed plugging them in at the tank shroud switches. Check these areas out.
Did you have issues with these before it went in for a recall ?
Yes, dash works with current relay position. When I rotate the relays in one position the dash does not work, which leads me to believe one relay is bad. So I do remember once last year that the high beam was hit or miss but I only rode once when it was dark and tried the high beam.

I did check the plugs and they were not plugged in to the switches and my tether was also unplugged so the dealer did not plug in any of the stuff after working on the fuel pump.

I got 3 new relays and installed them, no change. I am confident that the headlight switch is plugged in because the mode switch is working to toggle the gauge.

Premium Features