• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thumb warmer HOT, hand warmers barely warm.

N
Dec 24, 2017
Hello,

I just replaced my handlebars, grips, and hand warmers. I rode for the first time last week and my hand warmers were barely warm while the thumb warmer was smoking hot. So hot that I smelled my glove while riding. I could hardly hold on to the throttle. I have the same results when the switch is high or low. I did put on bars with molded end hooks and the extended warmers.

The bars are aluminum but I have heat shrink between the bars and the warmers. I also installed ODI grips.

Tonight I started the sled in the garage and revved it up to kick on the circuit and the problem replicated. I then ohm’d the warmers and got 7.8 ohms on high and 15.6 on low. I am guessing the blue wire on these RSI warmers is the common?
I am now wondering if the warmers, with the Polaris connectors, are pinned correctly.

I have no issues with my bright lights so I don’t think it’s a voltage shunt/relay issue like I read about while searching previous posts.

Can anyone offer their thoughts?

Premium Features