• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

first time elk hunt

R
Jan 3, 2008
my son is planing a elk hunt near waldon co planing on taking 4pl inc 2 wheelers and camping in trailer looking for any ideas

A

absoluteapex

Nov 26, 2007
Grande Prairie,ab.
Hi I installed a heater into mine because a warm trailer is nice,take a cot off the floor to sleep on,a good sleeping bag,I will post pictures tomorrow of my trailer and my 6x6 I took last thrusday,a chair and table is nice also,tell him to take a bi-pod for a rifle rest can be long shots,I always hunt by myself don't get to worried,I feel safer in the mountains than on a sreet.

A

absoluteapex

Nov 26, 2007
Grande Prairie,ab.
monster eats

turbo monster,his kid and i will be eating him up after climbing in b.c all day,old turbo monster can cook them up on the bbq better than chef ramsey,mmmmmmmmmmmmm elk steak,i might even burn one up for that chad guy in kelowna

K

khk

Dec 3, 2007
Underwood WA
If he is not used to the high elevations in Colorado get in shape and if the terrain is steep get the best boots he can afford to buy allot of Elk hunts have been ruined by blistered feet and altitude sickness. Make sure to place your shot well elk are tough animals and if wounded can cover allot of ground in a short time.

Premium Features