• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

EZRyde vs Timbersled on Nytro

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
To me, customer service is worth more than a perfect part. At Timbersled, you get both.

I called the other day with a question. The phone was not answered at Timbersled. Within 3 minutes, Bud called me back, via caller ID I assume, and answered my questions. A+++++ on the customer service!!!

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
To me, customer service is worth more than a perfect part. At Timbersled, you get both.

I called the other day with a question. The phone was not answered at Timbersled. Within 3 minutes, Bud called me back, via caller ID I assume, and answered my questions. A+++++ on the customer service!!!

Absolutely!!! Bud and Alan are VERY customer oriented....to include support of their DEALERS. Awesome place, awesome product, can't say enough good things about them, and I haven't even ridden mine on the snow yet.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Palmer
i would really like to see u bend them drop brackets with a pliers popeye

All I am saying is that I bent them not once but twice on my vector and it did not take much to straighten them out. That being said they have not broke just bend.

I have heard alot good things about KMOD as well like how gets on the snow. and the bump capability. I understand these are mountain/deep snow sleds and that is how I ride mainly but there are times that I have to ride a trail and I like to hammer down when I can.

Any suspension you put in will be a world of difference. I am kind of disappointed that we have spend thousands more than we already did. I still love the sled though!!

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Any suspension you put in will be a world of difference. I am kind of disappointed that we have spend thousands more than we already did. I still love the sled though!!

I agree with you here. Sad to have to spend almost $2k right away just to make a supposed MOUNTAIN sled able to be ridden in the deep......but, on the other hand, at least this allows us some options to personalize our sled with. After all, the motor in these has GOT to be worth nearly twice what a 2s costs, so rather than charge much more than the other mfg for the sled, they keep it reasonable.

Kinda fun to customize these things, tho!

J

j_w10

Mar 8, 2009
I have an ez ryde rear skid in my nytro with the zbroz x1 shocks. near the begining of the post someone said he didnt like how the ezrryde jack the rear way up. on mine the rear bumper is lower than it was with the stock suspension. I havnt turboed it yet and ive only ridden the sled once but so far it keeps way more ski pressure than stock. im wondering are you using drop brackets in there or are the fox shocks just longer then the zbroz.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
I was looking around for a light skid for my turbo Apex build.

Had been running Holz for the last few years with good results over all but had a few broken bits over the years.

The timber skid is WEAK the guys running them here had lots of bend parts. I never did ride one that could come close to the ride of the old Holz skid.

They work OK in powder that is about it. Never had a ride on a Easy Ride but the issues I hear about them don't make me want to spend 2.5 grand.

So that leaves me with the K-Mod -- just ordered one.

They seem to fit the Yamaha's well and stand up to a pounding.

No big runting and raving about them but all the guys I talked to just say they work well and last. In hope it was the right decision.

By the way a have the bark busters on the frond end and besides having to tighten them up every 2 rides (they flex a lot) and bushings every season they are working fine for me.

A
Dec 16, 2007
Alaska
I like that description!

Nice, to the point and dependable.....FUK the hype of TS or Ez or M10 .....yada yada yada....what works good and lasts is most important! A lot of you guys throw hand fulls of money at your sleds then sell them in 12 months...either you have lots of extra cash or not much sense. The ordinary everyday rider who wants an improvement doesn't want to spend thousands and thousands of dollars to make a mark 10-50 foot higher on the hill because he rides an M-10...if you have the cash great but all to often on this forum it's about the price, prestige and hype of your mods......what works is practical!
Can you really feel the 10 lb difference between KMOD and TS when riding.....I sure can't but I know the KMOD will be working 3 years from now no matter what I dish out!
How about some pics of your Pex with the KMOD PowderMuncher.......cheers!

Last edited:
Premium Features