• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Evolution Powersports/Gates Custom Drive Belt

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Evolution Powersports has teamed up with Gates to produce a custom length, width and angle belt for the Arctic Cat 1100T/9000 Sleds. The belt construction is Gates latest GForce X2 top and bottom cog, carbon corded belt. Carbon cords are stronger than the typical fibers used in the OEM or other aftermarket belts.

This custom belt is the correct width for the primary clutch (no shimming required), and is 7/16” longer than the stock 082 belt. There are a few reasons for the additional length. The OEM belt rides approximately 3/16” below the top of the secondary sheave. This is counterproductive because it effectively makes the starting gear ratio higher. Most other snowmobiles, when proper deflection has been set, have their belts long enough to ride even with or slightly above the top of the secondary clutch sheaves to maximize the clutching ratio. The second reason is the shorter OEM belt can bottom out on the helix which instantly destroys the belt. Lastly, many customers are running aftermarket secondary clutches which are a slightly larger diameter than stock. This belt allows the use of other clutches without having to shim the primary clutch for a wider and longer belt.

The EVO/Gates belt angle has been reduced to 24 degrees from 26. This has proven to better support the contact load on a greater portion of the belt than the stock belt angle. This is significant because when the belt is gripped harder on the top, uneven forces are introduced into the belt which weakens the bonding compounds and generates more heat which leads to premature failure.

On properly set up sleds, this belt provides better life and performance than the OEM belt with more clutching options.

These will be available the 3rd week in December and have a projected retail cost of $159.00

D
Sep 29, 2013
Any one know if the dayco xtx 5045 made for the 1100 which is also I believe of carbon plat form, does it require any shims or anything or is it plug and play?

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
It is, but...

Any one know if the dayco xtx 5045 made for the 1100 which is also I believe of carbon plat form, does it require any shims or anything or is it plug and play?
The Dayco belt fits the same as the stocker. There are quite a few 1100T's that have a C to C distance over 11.5" (mine was 11 9/16" from new), so this new belt will be a big help. I know I have mine set just shy of the sled creeping with the stock belt, as it is a tad short.

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Center to center

Mine is 11 5/8". My offset is at 0.009" with the shims the sled came with. This is the first noticable change I've had with the mods/updates I've made to improve my belt heat issue. Having a stronger belt option with a price tag difference of $90.00(in my favour) is awesome! Make sure you send 2 belts to Gene(WKM) with my name on them, LOL. I'm very pleased with my clutch temps. I can finally play hard, stop and touch the secondary with my bare hand! Prior to this I could fry and egg on it after 3 hard pulls.

F

fast8seccamaro

Oct 22, 2010
Thorsby Alberta
You say they fit the 1100T but will it also fit the 800? I cant get any belt to ride high enough up on the secondary, the only one I haven't tried is the cat 086 belt!

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
It will not fit the 800, especially if you are longer than a stock 800 should be. This belt is very close in length to a 048 belt with the proper width of a 082 stock 1100 belt. Some have tried the 084 800 belt on the 1100's but in most cases you can't set deflection correctly before running out of clutch circumference, it's too loose still.

M
Aug 18, 2010
Evolution Powersports has teamed up with Gates to produce a custom length, width and angle belt for the Arctic Cat 1100T/9000 Sleds. The belt construction is Gates latest GForce X2 top and bottom cog, carbon corded belt. Carbon cords are stronger than the typical fibers used in the OEM or other aftermarket belts.

This custom belt is the correct width for the primary clutch (no shimming required), and is 7/16” longer than the stock 082 belt. There are a few reasons for the additional length. The OEM belt rides approximately 3/16” below the top of the secondary sheave. This is counterproductive because it effectively makes the starting gear ratio higher. Most other snowmobiles, when proper deflection has been set, have their belts long enough to ride even with or slightly above the top of the secondary clutch sheaves to maximize the clutching ratio. The second reason is the shorter OEM belt can bottom out on the helix which instantly destroys the belt. Lastly, many customers are running aftermarket secondary clutches which are a slightly larger diameter than stock. This belt allows the use of other clutches without having to shim the primary clutch for a wider and longer belt.

The EVO/Gates belt angle has been reduced to 24 degrees from 26. This has proven to better support the contact load on a greater portion of the belt than the stock belt angle. This is significant because when the belt is gripped harder on the top, uneven forces are introduced into the belt which weakens the bonding compounds and generates more heat which leads to premature failure.

On properly set up sleds, this belt provides better life and performance than the OEM belt with more clutching options.

These will be available the 3rd week in December and have a projected retail cost of $159.00

I just ordered one. Plus I just received the I/C Fan kit and elbow in the mail today.

Thanks,

Premium Features