• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Even more undecided now....ugh

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
So I was dead set on a 163 2.6 pro.....Until today.

I rode a 155 axys with the 2.6 track and a 155 SKS with the 2.4 track. My current sled is a stock 14 pro with a 162 X3 track and 7t drivers, my sled runs good and is clutched/set-up perfect.
Everyone else that rode the axys thought it reved quick and responded well.....I didnt get that feeling at all. I rode my sled, the axys, then my sled again back to back in the same snow. The snow was 8-12" of settled powder on a super hard pack base.

Bottom line is I really didnt get that wow feeling from the track/gearing/engine but Im also not comparing it to a stock track/geared pro.

This has me rethinking if I should go with the 3" so I get the much lower gearing right away, but I dont really want the chaincase option, the chaincase on the sks was very noisy.

So do I stick with the 2.6 and plan on regearing it right away or go with the 3" and live with the chaincase noise and hope the new 7 series track is more forgiving then the X3 is when the snow conditions are not ideal.

This sure isnt the outcome I thought I was going to walk away with today. All I wanted to do is decide which bar height to go with. lol Eric

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
I ment to post this in the Axys forum so if anyone wants to move it over there feel free :)

Eric

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
So how did it handle/ boondock? Any more comments will be appreciated!

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
The handling was great, that is very noticeable. The snow was not good enough to really give it a good work out, the base was still hard and rutted and we only had 8-12" of fresh snow on top of that and I sure didnt want to be the one to wreck it.

First impression is that it feels exactly the same when standing / riding it down the trail, but once you want it to do something it does it very well and with less effort.

I was just kind of caught off guard with how the track and gearing responded and so that ended up being more of what I paid attention to. Now keep in mind I was comparing the 2.6 155 to my 162 X3 with 7t drivers. Now If I recall, the axys with the 2.6 is 2.23 final drive ratio and my sled with stock quick drive and 7t drivers is 2.27 but it sure didnt feel that close at all.

The 2.52 ratio of the 3" with the chain case is starting to look better. Eric

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
What bar hight was the same fell as you're 14. ?

CHAZWILDMAN

Premium Member
Jan 5, 2011
So did you not feel the instant lift that all the pro's were bragging about?

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
C3 will have a belt drive for the AXYS

I talked to Kevin of C3 a few days ago and he will be doing a belt drive for the AYXS this year. So you all can get whatever gear ratio you feel the sled should have come with.

Premium Features