• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Drop and roll make handling worse?

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Just out of curiousity, anyone done a drop and roll and how did it effect your handling? Ive read that it can make it worse. Any input?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
A drop and roll will actually make the sled feel "lighter" in the front end. Problem is that then people often add a longer track and just sled the suspension back instead of adding extensions or new rails which has the affect of making the sled handle worse.

Yup, tradeoffs no matter what you do.

sled_guy

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
I've had a few sleds with drop and rolls, I have never noticed a problem with handling , I did the d&r to gain track space and lessen track approach angle . I was never unhappy about doing one on a sled if I felt it was needed. a d&r shouldn't change handling much be cause you are not changing the location of the rear suspension in relation to the front suspension , just the front driver location and track angle . I hope this helps

Last edited:

Kcjepperson

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2012
Wallsburg, UT
I have the cmx belt drive on my pro, I actually think it handles better. It feels lighter in the front end. Gave me more clearance for the 3" track and also made a shallower attack angle on the track.

My pro with the cmx belt drive and cmx front end has the exact same ride height at the new axys.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
I have the cmx belt drive on my pro, I actually think it handles better. It feels lighter in the front end. Gave me more clearance for the 3" track and also made a shallower attack angle on the track.

My pro with the cmx belt drive and cmx front end has the exact same ride height at the new axys.

Did you lower your skid?

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID

does the CMX front end raise the height of the sled?

Premium Features