• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DOES BOONDOCKER CUSTOMER SUPPORT EXIST ?

B
Mar 16, 2011
Barrhead, Alberta
I ordered a boondocker kit for my pro 5 weeks ago, while waiting for it I am preparing for the install and contacted them by email twice with questions. Never got an answer, wondering if I made the right decision. Anyone else have any experiences with contacting them, good or bad ? Maybe I should have phoned.

B
Mar 16, 2011
Barrhead, Alberta
One question was- What flow and pressure does the oil pump have ? would like to hook up a warning light to a sensor to indicate if flow from the pump stops, probably have to use a flow switch as I assume a pressure switch wouldnt work as it is prob very low pressure ?

R

ROBERTSONYAMAHA

Oct 28, 2010
Swift Current,SK
Have you looked at boost-it? We sell BD as well and they make good kits but sometimes hard to get a hold of them. The boost it turbos perform better as well. Your paying a lot for the BD name I find.

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
I have always had good luck calling Boondocker and they would get me to the right person to answer my questions. I would try calling them, and or getting a specific email address, not their general contact email.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
If everything was equal product wise? You are 2hrs from Boost-it. Or did you try him , and he sold out for the year? The components , the fit and finish and customer service are great. And they are built, and setup to ride where we ride.

T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
One question was- What flow and pressure does the oil pump have ? would like to hook up a warning light to a sensor to indicate if flow from the pump stops, probably have to use a flow switch as I assume a pressure switch wouldnt work as it is prob very low pressure ?
I am assuming they are still using the same pump they have for awhile. Pressure is very low, less than 3-4 psi. is what Justin told me. I was thinking of doing the same thing. Flow is really low also though. It took me about 5-10 to pump a 1/2 quart of oil out of tank. I was thinking of putting a light that goes off power draw. If amp draw is not in a specific range the light goes out. That's about as far as I got. If you come up with a solution please post!

J

Jimb

Dec 1, 2007
Call them....Every time I've called they are available to provide technical support and have been very willing to answer questions.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Have you looked at boost-it? We sell BD as well and they make good kits but sometimes hard to get a hold of them. The boost it turbos perform better as well. Your paying a lot for the BD name I find.

I take you have run them both? just out of curiosity how does the Boost-it out perform the BD? What does the Boost-it do better?

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
The lowest pressure switch I have found is 7 psi.

Hobbs/Honeywell offers a 1 to 3 PSI switch in their 5000 series line.

Even with the switch tweaked as low as it would go we had occasional issues with it closing on the Silber kit with the Walbro pump.

Kinda tough to set up a warning system based on oil pressure with the pumps offered in these kits.

When looking at some of the turbo manufacturers specs. on required oil pressure it makes you wonder how they even last a season. I guess as long as there is some type of flow happening things hold together?

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
I have one rigged up, it works well, running a airtek pump. It flashes a bright LED at start up and shutdown so I know its working.

http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/reb-140-1335

reb-140-1335_w.jpg

Last edited:
B
Mar 16, 2011
Barrhead, Alberta
Thanks for the info guys. I got a message right away from boondocker with a phone number to call. I guess calling is the way to go, I guess I wrongly assumed the email would be a good way to go, sounds like my question is answered , they do have good customer service. I apologize if this came across the wrong way, wasnt intended that way, just asked it wrong I guess.

B
Mar 16, 2011
Barrhead, Alberta
If everything was equal product wise? You are 2hrs from Boost-it. Or did you try him , and he sold out for the year? The components , the fit and finish and customer service are great. And they are built, and setup to ride where we ride.

Yes, really looked hard at it, unfortunately I didnt have the cash to go that way, As I am capable of installing it myself, the BD was something I could install myself with my budget. I know its best to spend a bit more and get it all, but I would have to wait another year for the required cash.

Premium Features