• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Important SnoWest Forums, Version 2.3 coming SHORTLY

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Just wanted to pass along some information on forthcoming CHANGES to the Forums.

Hopefully none of you noticed that about 2 weeks ago we rolled over onto entirely new servers.
For the most part this transition went seamlessly and I doubt anyone even noticed.
As in the past it was time to UPGRADE all aspects of the hardware to bring it back up to current tech standards.
We also upgraded all of the core software in preparation for a new version of the Forums to be rolled out.

SnoWest runs on something called "XenForo" as the base platform for the forums you're enjoying right now.
V2.3 of that platform is about to be released in the next week or so, and when that happens you WILL notice it IMMEDIATELY.

While V2.3 will usher in a wide host of major changes to how the forums run, there will be 1 or 2 things will have a MASSIVE IMPACT.

#1.
We will finally have a fully functioning APP for your Phone/Tablet/Portable device.
For both APPLE and ANDROID.

#2.
The user interface will be IDENTICAL on the DARK and the LIGHT versions.
You will be able to instantly switch back and forth with no observable differences.
This will allow us to bring back more of the old fun features we haven't been able to enjoy in the last couple years.

#3.
Image handling will improve dramatically!!
There are many image formats that SW is not capable of displaying right now, all of that will go away at long last.

#4.
SPEED SPEED SPEED
The next version will be markedly FASTER in pretty much all aspects
(thats a major reason we had to upgrade the servers 2 weeks ago in preparation)

Once V2.3 is installed, expect to see a whole slew of changes begin taking place here on SnoWest.
Things I have been putting off for the last 2 years now.;)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Now, for those of you who are COMPUTER NERDS..

Here is a series of Videos that have been released as SNEAK PEAKS into whats coming in V2.3
This gets pretty deep into the weeds for the average user, but for those with an interest, it really dives DEEP into the major changes to our platform you can expect to see VERY SOON now.

TEASER #1

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
5) Oodles of quirks and things that outright will not work right at all, some features for up to 6 months before they are addressed.

"Upgrades" suck!
Please prove me wrong!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
5) Oodles of quirks and things that outright will not work right at all, some features for up to 6 months before they are addressed.

"Upgrades" suck!
Please prove me wrong!
I will certainly do my best.
But change is the only thing you can be certain of in life.
Nothing remains static, and the forums NEED to be upgraded from time to time to stay operational in an ever changing world.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞
Hopefully this will seamless as you described, I remember the one upgrade from about 7 years ago that drove you absolutely batty.
Ya I know, we have come along-way in technology since then. Looking forward to the new upgrade.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞
Hopefully this will seamless as you described, I remember the one upgrade from about 7 years ago that drove you absolutely batty.
Ya I know, we have come along-way in technology since then. Looking forward to the new upgrade.
Sadly, I remember that one all too well.
Lets both hope this one is NOTHING like that!!!

Premium Features