• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A SPARE AXYS BELT AND A SPARE ProRide BELT THEY CAN COMPARE??

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Yes, I'm currently running my '14 pulleys on my Axys. So far so good.

It makes me wonder why Polaris did not do this unless they finally realized that they did not have enough contact between top pulley and the belt. The fit makes sense, with the top gear 1 tooth larger and the bottom 1 tooth smaller, of coarse it will fit with the 16 belt. I was not adding up all the pieces when I suggested back bending the belt with a tensioner. You still might be better off than the 13-15 Pro's though as the drivers being smaller may have effectively reduced the load seen by the belt.

I bet the clearance between the lower gear and belly pan is tight?

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
How much riding time do you have on it Rich?

My concerns are that increase of the lower and decrease of the upper will not change the contact area the same on both sprockets.

It is encouraging to see that you have been able to do this though.

On the horn with Paul right now... his AXYS is running the 21 top (ProRide) and 43 (AXYS) bottom gear with the FNI deflection guide... He thought you were running the same setup??

Curious what the actual tension is on the belt in your application...Tension is one of the most important factors for tooth-shear-resistance.

Last edited:

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
What kind of gear ratio would you get by having the 21t top sprocket from a pro on the axys? Or with 21top and 44 bottom from the pro, on the axys ?

B
Dec 18, 2007
This looks promising. The reason I asked about the center to center distance was to figure out if I could run the 21/44 pro ride pullies with my stock Axys QD belt. I hear what you are saying as to whether or not the tighter clearance on the 3.2 will contradict the added traction. I intend to find out. We have a 2013 pro in our group with an X3 162" and it trenches noticeably less than a 162 Axys 3" or 2.6". With the stiffer duromiter of the new tracks they may need to soften up a but with some miles or perhaps they are a touch too stiff. I am hoping camoplasts lug design on the 3.2 will add more performance than the added profile.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
This looks promising. The reason I asked about the center to center distance was to figure out if I could run the 21/44 pro ride pullies with my stock Axys QD belt. I hear what you are saying as to whether or not the tighter clearance on the 3.2 will contradict the added traction. I intend to find out. We have a 2013 pro in our group with an X3 162" and it trenches noticeably less than a 162 Axys 3" or 2.6". With the stiffer duromiter of the new tracks they may need to soften up a but with some miles or perhaps they are a touch too stiff. I am hoping camoplasts lug design on the 3.2 will add more performance than the added profile.

Wow, finally somebody agreeing with me that the AXYS trenches more than the old Pro. It is much improved with a softer front skid shock and a shorter limiter though.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
How much riding time do you have on it Rich?

My concerns are that increase of the lower and decrease of the upper will not change the contact area the same on both sprockets.

It is encouraging to see that you have been able to do this though.

On the horn with Paul right now... his AXYS is running the 21 top (ProRide) and 43 (AXYS) bottom gear with the FNI deflection guide... He thought you were running the same setup??

Curious what the actual tension is on the belt in your application...Tension is one of the most important factors for tooth-shear-resistance.

I can tell you 100% that he is running the stock Axys pulleys with Avid 7T 3" pitch drivers for an overall ratio of 2.12 or so.
We did discuss the idea of mixing the pulleys but how to tension the belt was a big ??????

Paul said this photo has the stock top/bottom AXYS cogs... is that correct?

Yes that is correct, it's a picture showing his belt deflection guide kit, but in my case. if you didn't know you wouldn't be able to tell what pulleys I was using unless you have the pulley part numbers memorized for both generations of QD.

So you've basically geared up your AXYS? Why?

I works better for the type of riding I do.

Last edited:
Premium Features