ARO suspension setup thread

Apr 22, 2019
I recently bought a 2017 rmx450z w a 2018 aro-20le. I noticed the previous owner drilled new holes in the tunnel to mount the rear suspension about an inch higher. What effect would this cause to the suspension characteristics? Should i put it back to stock?
Short answer: Relocating the holes to that location was the correct thing to do for that year.

Jan 18, 2018
Short answer: Relocating the holes to that location was the correct thing to do for that year.
OK, I'll bite. What was the long answer?
Seems this would lighten pressure at the rear of the track. Did they change this geometry in later model ARO's?
I picked up a 2019ARO for next season and a friend rides a 2018, wondering if this is a mod we should look into.

Thanks for any info!

Apr 22, 2019
Medium answer: The hole as placed in the 2017 and 2018 sleds was not drilled in the location that the engineers directed in their final draft of the aro side track frames...and for some reason it did not make it correctly into production...this was remedied for the 2020 aro's. proper location should br approximately 3/4 of an inch up from where it was drilled...to achieve the intended geometry. I used to have the exact measurements...but can't find them...but 3/4" up works. This supposedly helps reduce some of the ski pressure. I never rode mine before modifying it.

Medium answer: The hole as placed in the 2017 and 2018 sleds was not drilled in the location that the engineers directed in their final draft of the aro side track frames...and for some reason it did not make it correctly into production...this was remedied for the 2020 aro's. proper location should br approximately 3/4 of an inch up from where it was drilled...to achieve the intended geometry. I used to have the exact measurements...but can't find them...but 3/4" up works. This supposedly helps reduce some of the ski pressure. I never rode mine before modifying it.
Does the shock mount higher on the 2020 137's as well? This is the first i've heard of this change.

Premium Features