• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Determining the value of a Highly Customized Mod-Sled??

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Kicking my ads for the sled back to life.
Its September now, lets see if I can find a new home for her and finally determine just what the true market value of the sled really is.

Curious to see if this will make a difference or not..
It helped me sell my trailer in 48 hours.

FINDER'S FEE.

If you help me find someone who purchases this sled, I will pay you a $100 finder's fee and
A Lifetime Membership to Snowest and
A Snowest KLIM Hoodie and
A Snowest T-Shirt and
A Snowest KLIM Hat

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Not sure that the time of year is going to help on this one Christopher I truly hope i am wrong. Trying to sell a highly modified Nytro at the same time as all the hype over the new Viper is coming out is like trying to sell a Porsche right after the bottom fell out of the DOT COM industry and all the CEO's of defunct companies were trying to unload theirs.
Your sled is definitely a nice ride but the market has a funny way of balancing out the value of things like this and it never seems to favor the seller in any way shape or form. Just look at all the n/a and turbo nytro's that are for sale in the classified section of snowest and that is just on snowest.
I am betting that the majority are selling them so they to can upgrade to the newer technology of the viper. I am sure there is someone out there looking at upgrading their sled and just plain like style of the nytro for what it is. Just hope he is willing to pay somewhere in between what you want for it and what the market is telling you what is it worth.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
yea OUCH is right!!!

Only made worse by the fact and correct me if i am wrong the consignment lot gets their cut off the top.

irondave86

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
N.W. Washington
I have a similar Nytro. It has all the usual stuff done, tunnel, skid, front end and shocks, boost, fuel controller, lots of powder coat. So I feel your pain with the poor resale on these sleds. But as long as there are guys on here selling these sleds for $7500 your gonna have a hard time getting 10k for yours. Especially being that yours is not a turbo.

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
I've had it for sale for almost a full year now. I started at 9k, and have listed it as low as 6k.

Not.

One.

Single.

Bite.

It is 7 model years old, and with the viper coming out there just aren't many people looking for a mod sled that runs av fuel....regardless of how hard it tries to pull your arms out of their sockets every time you stab the gas.

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
My sled sold today. I put it up on consignment for 7500, and took 7k. After paying the 10% I made barely more than I would have parting it out. I'll miss the way it used to try to yank my arms out of the sockets.

Premium Features