• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Details on the 800r Silber Turbo kit

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Whats the rave fix? And how often have you welded the pipe?

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
Whats the rave fix? And how often have you welded the pipe?

We leave them alone, you can shim them open if you want or buy block off plates, but the kit works great with them left stock.

Also the 880 has the cpi turbo pipe and has never broke and is a very nice pipe. And the 800 with the stock pipe has yet to break.

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
you need to have a fix for the rave valve bellows if you run boost over 6 psi they will blow apart.

Are 880 has over 2000 miles on it and we havent had to touch them, we have ran the boost to big numbers, maxing out our 20 psi boost gauge.

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
on the kit that I have,the powerjets are installed in the top of the carbs and they protrude out right in front of the slides.If you go to my profile or thread of R&D kit installed(turbo section),you can see the black knobs mounted on the top of the carbs.

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
on the kit that I have,the powerjets are installed in the top of the carbs and they protrude out right in front of the slides.If you go to my profile or thread of R&D kit installed(turbo section),you can see the black knobs mounted on the top of the carbs.
thanks, for me closer has to be better imo ,are you going riding this weekend?hows the sled holding up?

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
Planning a trip to either Wells or the Pine Pass tomorrow? Wanna come? I havent ridden my sled since I was in Clearwater 2 wks ago. Changed my pilots to 15's, so I gotta get out and try the beast.I will PM ya my cell if you wanna get in touch.

C

canucklehead

Aug 30, 2002
Southern AB
I sucked up the limiter on mine and put a set of drop brackets on as well as a rear scissor relocate... it helped a ton but still not as good as an aftermarket skid. I'm either going with a baker skid(racers edge) or timbersled or maybe tom's not sure yet.

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
i sold some timbersled skids to some t apexes and a bikeman 1250 all were very happy and [06 1000]1250 bikeman the rider was a tiny 375-400 pound guy, they revalve the shock and he hammers it,the turbo apexs said wheeling still a bit but its controlable.

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
Cool...the Timbersled skid is the one I can get the best deal on, I just wanted to make sure it was worth it.I am in the 250lbs range naked so I would be bashing on it pretty hard.

My limiter strap is in the last hole and my skid is setup according to the advice listed on this site for stock sleds. Maybe I should suck my strap all the way up and see what happens. I am not going to spend any money on the stock skid as it will be gone for next year.

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
Nobody wants to see you riding that thing bare naked!! The sled will still be on the rear bumper with the Timber Skid, but is more predictable. It would be my choice. I know they are changing the set up in the skids for the hi HP applications.

Premium Features