• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Details on the 800r Silber Turbo kit

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
Here is some information on the Xp turbo kit. Feel free to post your comments and questions.

Garrett Ballbearing Turbo GT2860RS
Oring fitted airbox
Adjustable powerjets
Highflow fuel pump
Boost reference fuel pressure regulator
Short 2.25 charge tube
Turbo Smart Adjustable two stroke turbo Blow off valve
T bolt clamps for charge tube
Billet Boost controller
Aluminum Oil tank (with sight tube for oil level)
3" downpipe with o2 sensor bung
Turbo filter cage with prefilter
Turbo stinger flange
Oil pump
Fuel Pressure Gauge
Oil Pressure Gauge
Boost Gauge
All necessary bolts, fittings and hardware.
Main jets
Needle jets

All this for $3200

IMG_0124.jpg IMG_0125.jpg IMG_0127.jpg IMG_0128.jpg IMG_0129.jpg IMG_0131.jpg

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Looks good Justin. I want one. I bet the XP is rediculous with boost. They work stock. Good work. Any pix of the oil tank set up. Cant tell what is going on down there.

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
what about the pipe is it a exchange or what looks good and the price is a big seller

There is a stinger flange that you have to weld onto your stock pipe, just cut the end off your stocker, put the new stinger flange on, bolt it to the turbo and then weld it together.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
what kind of boost can be run around sea level, with pump, avgas and race fuel? Woud you have to dump compression? How many miles do you have on the sled in the flats/lower elevation. Just thought I would ask for the Alaska boys. SLed looks great and the price is even better.

zaxxcmx925

Lifetime Membership
Feb 16, 2005
what kind of boost can be run around sea level, with pump, avgas and race fuel? Woud you have to dump compression? How many miles do you have on the sled in the flats/lower elevation. Just thought I would ask for the Alaska boys. SLed looks great and the price is even better.

X2
I have E-start.I see you have egt gauges and ajastable helix are they a must have or good to have? More info for 0-3000',I have started a BOOSTED post in the ALASKA
section,so far no info for boosted carbed sleds.

Last edited:
S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007

We testing with the sled at 1500ft, and put over 300 miles on it than. We would still be riding it but we lost all of our snow. We were running 50/50 av gas and pumpgas at 7-8 psi. Also ran 4-5 psi on pumpgas with 2 gallons of av gas and the rest pump.

I will make a chart for the recommend fuel and boost levels and post it on my website for the skidoo kits.

Thanks
Justin

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
X2
I have E-start.I see you have egt gauges and ajastable helix are they a must have or good to have? More info for 0-3000',I have started a BOOSTED post in the ALASKA
section,so far no info for boosted carbed sleds.

We suggest at least a wideband o2 sensor gauge or the egt gauges, on the test sleds we usally run both so we have accurate numbers for tuning reference for people.

Here is some safe ratios you can run at lower elevations.
0-3000ft.
91 pump fuel 3 psi
91/avgas mix 50/50 6psi
straight avgas 10psi
straight 110 racegas 14psi

Thanks
Justin

C

canucklehead

Aug 30, 2002
Southern AB
That looks like a good kit especially for the cost. Two things that have given me fits this year with mine are reeds and raves, I don't see you listing anything for them though.

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
We have had pretty good luck with reeds on this setup, the stocks ones stayed in for around 500 miles and they looked the same when we took them out. Boost ranges from 3psi to 15psi.

Than we put in boyesen rage cage with turbo pedals, which we have in our 880 on too.

Last year we wipped out many sets of stock reeds at high boost levels around 20psi, than we started running the boyesen turbo ones when they came out and we have a bunch of them that are broken too. But the lastest ones from boyesen are holding up great. They also make replacement pedals for the stock cages too.

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
Finally a decent price on kits. I really like the turbo orentation. Still enough room to put on a muffler too.

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
i'm interested silber. I'm going to have to call you and get the details on your kit.

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
so are you getting what you pay for,or is that about what kits should cost?BIG price diffrents seem like everythings there.

Premium Features