• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Custom Rack made from ace hardware supplies

C

craigvansickle

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 17, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
Here is what I came up with for a rack. $65 in materials. 8 hours fab time.
picture.php

picture.php

trikerider

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Ellensburg Wa
I made this one last weekend. I also made the vent covers but they didn't turn out as good as I wanted. The rack is 2 inch aluminum angle and ½ inch aluminum rod.

P4050004 Small .JPG P40500 small .JPG

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
That's pretty long there craigsvanwinkle, but will function properly. Like the beefy rods, I may need to buy some of those the next time I'm in Anchorage.

trikerider, looks good but could have been longer for other stuff to go in the back. Vents look ok, whatcha complaining about? Cheaper than buying from someone else if you have the material and know how. How many gallons is that tank? And from where?

C

craigvansickle

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 17, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
Thanks guys, really appreciate the posts. I will post some more details and a list tomorrow.

Marv1 - your welcome to critique my rack but the name is craig van sickle. what are we in junior high?

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Sorry about that craig van sickle! Haha, just zoomed through your name, thinking by my short memory. Guess I'm tired out too, something that goes along with having 4 kids, and other chores that need to be done.

trikerider

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Ellensburg Wa
trikerider, looks good but could have been longer for other stuff to go in the back. Vents look ok, whatcha complaining about? Cheaper than buying from someone else if you have the material and know how. How many gallons is that tank? And from where?[/QUOTE]

The Tank is from my Vertical Escape and it's one that was recalled back in 2002-2003 but I got one before the recall. I think its 2.25 gallons, not sure though. Between the seat bag and my pack I think I have a place for all my stuff. If not I will make a longer one or just one more.

C

coolx2

Nov 29, 2007
Trikerider where did you get the materials to make the vent's. I would rather make my own them buy them. Thanks.

trikerider

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Ellensburg Wa
Trikerider where did you get the materials to make the vent's. I would rather make my own them buy them. Thanks.

They are blanks that come in some of the equipment at work. We remove them to install the modules and usually they get thrown away.

Premium Features