• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

coolants!!!

C

cpx1000

Oct 24, 2013
UT
so I've been running engine ice and it seems to be working great. I still get a little warm on the hard pack with scratchers but it never gets too hot. a quick dive into the powder and 'm back where I want to be. In talking with a relative over the weekend he has a 900 and had similar results until his dealer in California switched his coolant. he couldn't remember the name of the stuff but it is supposedly the bomb as far as coolants go. better heat absorption and release, and it contains no water at all so there it is not corrosive at all. my uncle says since they did that he runs right where he wants temp wise all the time even on the hard pack, and with the lack of corrosion anyone can see why that would be nice. has anyone heard of something like this??? if not what's the best coolant everyone has been running?

C

cpx1000

Oct 24, 2013
UT
ok so I found the stuff but stay on standby should be here in a few days and ill let everyone know how it goes. its called XF+ waterless coolant. the cheapest I found it was on ziptyracing.com for $26/ 64 oz plus shipping.

B

bustamove

Oct 31, 2010
I just welded some big fender washers on my scratchers to help kick up snow.

C

cpx1000

Oct 24, 2013
UT
fender washers on the scratchers.. nice. ive heard of small bolts in the backs of the skis too. never done any of that though

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
that Evans Cooling stuff seems very interesting.

I would love to run it in my 900s...just pretty $ to fill 4 sleds. but worth slowly acquiring IMO

but I will for sure get some for my KTM 450, that baby gets HOT!!

great find tho

C

cpx1000

Oct 24, 2013
UT
took the sled out yesterday with the xf+ in it. stuff was awesome. I didn't have one instance of overheating.. im not sure what they did to make this stuff but it seems to work pretty good.. I didn't push too hard but this weekend ill get back out and really work it... wish me luck.

C

cpx1000

Oct 24, 2013
UT
update.. went out and worked the 900 over.... results, consistant cooling on hard pack. never got over 146... riding powder obviously went very well too...... pulling the big long hard hill.... no problem... I never got over 146 the whole day, most of the time I was running between 125-130. the stuff has my recommendation so far.. its called xf+ find it on ziptyeracing.com

R
Oct 18, 2013
I just did a front rad delete used standard coolant back in system rode hard pack icy trails and never saw over 148-150. When trail was good 124-130. Last year before I did rad delete it would of been running 160's easy. That being said I still may run this coolant in the sled to see if it runs cooler than it is now ?

C

cpx1000

Oct 24, 2013
UT
sorry I completely spaced this thread.. im unsure exactly how much it took I bought 6 half gallon containers and poured them all into one container I have for convenience.. im pulling my motor and will be draining the whole system again so this time ill pay attention to the exact amount. I just figured order extra because it can never hurt to have it on hand

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
was reading that this coolant doesnt do well in the Pro chassis sleds...something with the way the coolers are designed, the cold weather and the coolant causes the coolant to be too "thick" and it wont pump efficiently...guess they are working on correcting the issue now..

so curious if its realted to ALL sleds now or only newer ones with small coololer profiles?

C

cpx1000

Oct 24, 2013
UT
hmm interesting. yeah that will be good to know.. it seems to be doing pretty well in my 05 900 so far but I haven't had a seriously cold day yet. ps guido thanks for the link for suspension parts are on there way

Premium Features