• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CMXDS, RMI Drive system

96STOMMY96

Dec 3, 2020
Idaho Falls
I talked to Ron Moring (RMI) about 10 yrs ago and he stopped due to other parts of his business needing more attention and that he had a seacan full of RMI drives and parts that he wasn't sure what he was going to find the time to do with. At the time I was looking for parts for a drive that failed due to lack of lube. Ended up parting out sled afterward (Doc Zoom Mountain Mod Build) as he wasn't interested in looking through all the stuff for parts. Not upset, I understand how people move on from things and he did offer to look in future if he had time. Met and rode with him in person in Revy a few years before that and he is a great guy. Hope he is still doing well.
If you are referring to doc zoom, he sadly passed away last year. He was fighting cancer I believe? My father in law knew him, said his boys tooks over the fast signs shop that he ran.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
If you are referring to doc zoom, he sadly passed away last year. He was fighting cancer I believe? My father in law knew him, said his boys tooks over the fast signs shop that he ran.
Sadly I am aware. He spent a lot of time at my shop and in mountains near my home when filming many of the Mountain Mod videos.

Premium Features