• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cheap custom alternative to factory fuel filter setup

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Hi guys, I wanted to share my creation for my pro, I thought no way am I paying how much they want for another fuel filter, so what I did was removed the factory line, used a hand saw and Carefully cut the crimps off each end, just enough to get them to release. Then I removed the elbow into the fuel rail and the other fitting that goes on the fuel pump.

I forgot to take pictures of what they look like but they do have a nipple on each end for a hose (factory was plastic) so they are certainly re useable!

Next up is the fram g2s filter and 5/16 fuel line rated for 60+psi, pretty much test fitted for the filter since its much bigger than stock and cut it, clamped them and installed. In Canadian bucks it cost me about $20 to do and down the road, if or when, the filter is now easily serviceable for cheap.

20200124_140459.jpg 20200124_140455.jpg 20200123_153105.jpg

T
Mar 13, 2019
It's high pressure. You need to use the proper fuel injection lines and appropriate clamps. I stole/got info from these two threads:

1madbird

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
West Bountiful, Utah
An easier solution is to install an Axys style in tank filter sock. It eliminates the external filter and will last for years. You can get them for SPI Sm-07362 for less then $50.00. You just have to remove the stock filter pick ups and remove the hard plastic hose on the Axys kit and connect the Pro rubber hose to the sock and you are good to go. I have done 2 with good success.

F
Jan 3, 2008
looks good, I did similar but mounted on the side of the oil tank with filter that has quick releases. Works great and SOO easy to change

Looks great, like the rubber hose to try and prevent some rubbing. I would probably add some more thin rubber around the filter then find a way to zip tie the filter in place so it doesn't vibrate around.

Premium Features