• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Canadian sled differences ?

POWERBLENDER

Lifetime Membership
May 27, 2008
Great Falls ,MT
I am thinking of purchasing a Canadian 2014 pro rmk , and was wondering if there were any differences between it and the US version , besides the instruments being in metric . It has import paperwork done and is ready , has anyone imported one to US. Thanks for any info

JACKAL

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Wenatchee
I just picked one up in Langley BC and brought it back only hitch was you have to pay GST tax if you pick it up. GST is not charged if you import through a broker. I got such a good deal that the Tax was not an issue to me.

sleddin pete

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Summit County Colorado
If it has any warranty left make sure it will be honored in US.

You can change the display between metric and standard thru the display gauge.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Cdn version comes with a six pack of beer, us version comes with 12. Same drunk level. We got stronger beer!

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
my canadian rmk is not metric. f8ck metric. stupid meters. guess what country doesn't use metric? guess what country has been to the moon? exactly!

does have those lame french warning stickers tho, really wish they wernt apart of Canada.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Guess what country is the ONLY country not to use metric? Usa
Guess what country shoots the most 9mm, 10mm, 7.62 x whatever? Usa
Guess what country, like the rest of the world sells its drugs in metric? Kilos, grams, etc. USA.
I think USA should make up its mind as to what system to use. It's like usa is confused.

lorne1176

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2010
Red Deer, AB
Guess what country is the ONLY country not to use metric? Usa
Guess what country shoots the most 9mm, 10mm, 7.62 x whatever? Usa
Guess what country, like the rest of the world sells its drugs in metric? Kilos, grams, etc. USA.
I think USA should make up its mind as to what system to use. It's like usa is confused.

LMFAO......no $hit.

T
Dec 25, 2007
Remember the US is all about money, and the main reason we didn't switch decades ago was the cost of changing all the signs and cars and and and...seriously expensive idea to switch over. And no we aren't the only country using it. There are a few others. Research before comments?

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Biggest difference...

Between a sled sold in Canada vs. the U.S. is the Canadian version costs a bunch more once out government slaps a tariff on it. Dollar for dollar (with exchange), a sled bought in the US is considerably less $$$ new. Aside from the "free" health care, it's great to have 60% of every dollar you earn go to back to the government in some form of tax so they can piss it away on various programs...

Premium Features