• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

13 RMK 800 Top End Rebuild Help

D
Mar 2, 2017
Missoula, Montana
I just purchased a 13 RMK 800 that has known top-end issues. I am going to start tearing into it and I know that there have been many many others that have gone down this road. So I don't have to reinvent the wheel, is there anyone that has done the homework on this and might give me some pointers? I have read that it's best to replace pistons with the 2015 pistons not the 2013's? I want to get the cylinder refreshed, is there a company out there where I can send mine in and get it done? I spent a couple hours yesterday looking for info but I feel confident that someone has already done the research and can help me out. Any threads someone can point me to?

ditch1000

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2008
Fort St. James, B.C.
In Canada, CV Tek has reman cylinders at a reasonable price.. I used Wossner pistons; they are great quality; I did not even have to fine tune the ring end gaps.. Use all new seals and gaskets; its not worth the risk using old seals.. Be sure to replace the fuel filter, also get a shop manual and double check the oil lines are connected correctly to the correct port.. Also, remove the engine and do the rebuild on a bench rather than doing it in the sled; its a little more work, but you can double check more things with it sitting on the bench..
Check out my thread from a couple months ago.. Pro Rmk Low Oil Mag Side..

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
2015 pistons or wossner pistons. I try to stay away from wisceo pistons for these sleds. If your cylinder needs to be re-plated I use millennium technology's you can also send it out to us chrome. If it needs honing I'd go with indy specialties. They can also set you up with a piston kit. Make sure to check your ring end gap and install new wrist pins and bearings. Also turn your oiler up a little if it hasn't been done yet. Vent you oil tank or install a new oil cap that has a better vent on it than the stock one.

Premium Features